+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - Rejected due to Family Ties Outside Canada TRV

fenrir247

Oct 16, 2024
I recently received a visa rejection for a temporary visitor visa.

The reason was the following:

+++++++++++

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

+++++++++++

My purpose for travel is tourism i.e shopping, exploring Toronto, sightseeing, and and visiting a family member who is married with kids and lives in Canada and is a citizen. The duration was 2 weeks.

I am a young adult and resident in a GCC country with a long term (think 10 year) residence visa and have a multi 6-figure salary at a global multinational corporation in my country of residence. I included my employment letter in my application of course. My original nationality is from the subcontinent (think India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Nepal).

As part of my application you can submit very limited documents on the portal. Nevertheless, I provided a fair amount of information, including property ownership in said GCC country, >6 figure brokerage account, bank statements with over C$15k of cash.

My travel history also included visits to multiple trips recently to countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Western Europe. I also hold a 10 year visitor visa issued recently by another Western country which I included in my application, including trips to and from this country completed recently. This should show intention to return back quite consistently and not to overstay.

My entire direct family (parents and siblings) live together in a single household with me. I am single so not married. I had included their names and identification as part of my application.

Given all of the above, I was puzzled by the rejection. I clearly have family ties in my country of residence and have shown it, and believe the reason I have given for travel does indeed fit within what is appropriate for a TRV which includes visiting for holiday and to visit family: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html

Eager to hear experienced members' thoughts on how you think I can bolster my application further so that it can be accepted. I have 10 weeks until I was planning to visit Canada.