+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding change of course after visa approval

gosanket

Jul 24, 2014
I am an engineering undergrad interested in Business courses. I want to apply for business courses but I am afraid that would affect my visa chances. So, I plan to apply for some one year engineering course. I am interested to know if I can change my course from one year engineering course to two year business course after my arrival in Canada. Any help would be highly appreciated.

My Profile: SSC: 85%
10+2: 75%
B.E: 75%
IELTS: 7.5

Regards

kabircool

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
YA U CAN SURELY DO THIS....ONCE UR VISA IS APPROVED IN ENGINEERING COURSE......AND THEN AFTER ARRIVAL IN CANADA U CAN CHANGE UR COURSE .......COLLEGE WILL HELP .......U .....AND SOME CHANGES WILL BE MADE IN UR STUDY PERMIT........NOTHING ELSE.......MANY STUDENTS CHANGE...COURSES.......EVEN MY FRIEND DID SO ...........HE CHANGED FROM 3 YEAR COURSE TO 2 YEAR COURSE........

gosanket

Jul 24, 2014
Thank you for the reply. But I am confused again. In case of changing program from 3 years to 2 years might not be a problem as the visa length is usually 3 years. But for one year course, the visa length is 1 year. Its just my assumptions. Do we have to reapply for the visa after one year?

kabircool

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
i told you naa that they will make some changes in your study permit means visa .....! ur visa will be reduced acc to the programme.....,!u need not to worry