+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP: Re-creating Express Entry Profile changed eligibility for FSW

ohcanada!

Jun 5, 2015
I am eligible for CEC and FSW according to the criteria defined in CIC's webpage.

I had an EE profile with both CEC and FSW conditions shown as "Met". I withdrew my EE profile to take a chance for the new OOPNP program. I was successfully able to withdraw it and de-activate my job bank profile. I created a fresh EE profile and created a fresh job bank profile too using the new job bank code. Everything worked fine and I am now in the Express Entry Pool. The points are the same as what I saw in my old profile. However, I see that this time it shows CEC conditions "Met" but FSW as "Not Met" for my new profile.

I don't understand why this happening. I checked my application again to verfiy that the information is the same as the old profile and I didn't find any discrepancy. I am eligible for both the programs. Has anyone seen this type of issue before?

Please help!

Thanks

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
ohcanada! said:
I am eligible for CEC and FSW according to the criteria defined in CIC's webpage.

I had an EE profile with both CEC and FSW conditions shown as "Met". I withdrew my EE profile to take a chance for the new OOPNP program. I was successfully able to withdraw it and de-activate my job bank profile. I created a fresh EE profile and created a fresh job bank profile too using the new job bank code. Everything worked fine and I am now in the Express Entry Pool. The points are the same as what I saw in my old profile. However, I see that this time it shows CEC conditions "Met" but FSW as "Not Met" for my new profile.

I don't understand why this happening. I checked my application again to verfiy that the information is the same as the old profile and I didn't find any discrepancy. I am eligible for both the programs. Has anyone seen this type of issue before?

Please help!

Thanks
I have the exact same issue. Not sure why it would do that, although the total points are still the same. kinda weird :-X :-\ :eek:

ohcanada!

Jun 5, 2015
Dilbert said:
I have the exact same issue. Not sure why it would do that, although the total points are still the same. kinda weird :-X :-\ :eek:
I know. It's mind boggling! their system is buggy. Plus I don't get the logic behind only considering the EE profiles after June 1st. What about the people who are in the pool with 500+ points and created their profiles before June 1st. Seems like there is a technical glitch here.

Their applications crash randomly and barfs out error with stack traces. Pathetic! They should have spent some more resources in QA of their system.

ohcanada!

Jun 5, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Do you mind giving details of your split up on 67 point scale to identify the root cause?

Here are my details:
1. Education: 21/25
2. Official Languages: 24/28
3. Work Experience: 9/15
4. Age: 12/12
5. Arranged Employment: 10/10
6. Adaptability: 10/10

Please not that my 1 year experience is divided into 3 different NOC jobs with following periods entered exactly below in EE profile:

2015/03 - Present
2014/10 - 2015/03
2014/05 - 2014/09

It says it has to be continuous. What does continuous mean? I left my first job on 26 September 2014 and joined the second job on 6 October 2014. Does it count as continuous. I would be surprised if it doesn't. :/ Should I change the second one's start date to 2014/09 instead of 2014/10?
Please help!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, CIC doesn't have the DD but only MM-YYYY format. I'm surprised that the system found you eligible earlier because, if nothing else, you have more experience now than before.

It is misrepresentation if you mention start date of an early October job in the 9th month. But it is only border-line misrepresentation if you put the end month of a late September job as the 10th month. Try doing that to see if the system grants you eligibility.

If it is ok from the system's perspective, we can then debate the ethics of it.

gibinv

Oct 26, 2012
Beautiful BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
ohcanada! said:
Here are my details:
1. Education: 21/25
2. Official Languages: 24/28
3. Work Experience: 9/15
4. Age: 12/12
5. Arranged Employment: 10/10
6. Adaptability: 10/10

Please not that my 1 year experience is divided into 3 different NOC jobs with following periods entered exactly below in EE profile:

2015/03 - Present
2014/10 - 2015/03
2014/05 - 2014/09

It says it has to be continuous. What does continuous mean? I left my first job on 26 September 2014 and joined the second job on 6 October 2014. Does it count as continuous. I would be surprised if it doesn't. :/ Should I change the second one's start date to 2014/09 instead of 2014/10?
Please help!
if you have 'arranged employment' you should have LMIA right? Then why are you trying for pnp?

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
ohcanada! said:

Please help!

Thanks
Check again. I just got an email from CIC saying my profile has been updated and now the FSW criteria says: MET

ohcanada!

Jun 5, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Unfortunately, CIC doesn't have the DD but only MM-YYYY format. I'm surprised that the system found you eligible earlier because, if nothing else, you have more experience now than before.

It is misrepresentation if you mention start date of an early October job in the 9th month. But it is only border-line misrepresentation if you put the end month of a late September job as the 10th month. Try doing that to see if the system grants you eligibility.

If it is ok from the system's perspective, we can then debate the ethics of it.
Well that's where the grey area is... What is considered as a "continuous" employment is not defined properly in CIC website. So having a mere 10 days gap between jobs is not continuous then? And what about the edge case when a person's first job's end date is last day of a month and start date of next job is 1st day of next month?

Also, Is LMIA needed to qualify for FSW?

I have a Post-graduate Work-Permit and I don't need LMIA to work. I am aware that LMIA is essential to earn those extra 600 points. But does this disqualify me from FSW too if I don't have an LMIA and I am working on PGWP?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not having an LMIA doesn't disqualify anyone. It just doesn't get you those additional 600 points.

ohcanada!

Jun 5, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Not having an LMIA doesn't disqualify anyone. It just doesn't get you those additional 600 points.
So I just got an invite from OOPNP.

I am confused what to do. Should I wait for an Express Entry draw and save $1500 and 3-months?

Will I be considered for the regular EE draws if I accept this invite?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ohcanada! said:
So I just got an invite from OOPNP.

I am confused what to do. Should I wait for an Express Entry draw and save $1500 and 3-months?

Will I be considered for the regular EE draws if I accept this invite?
Congratulations first!

What this means is that Ontario is interested in helping you with those additional 600 points so that you can get them added to your CRS score (after paying them 1500 CAD) and then get an ITA.

It's your choice to take it or decline it. But most people on this forum will give an arm and a leg (and probably much more!) to exchange places with you. ;)

ohcanada!

Jun 5, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Congratulations first!

What this means is that Ontario is interested in helping you with those additional 600 points so that you can get them added to your CRS score (after paying them 1500 CAD) and then get an ITA.

It's your choice to take it or decline it. But most people on this forum will give an arm and a leg (and probably much more!) to exchange places with you. ;)
I know. I am fortunate enough. I think it is just a strategic decision from CIC to introduce this stream to kinda off-load their backlog of applications. And this way they will get more money rolling into their treasury as I will have to pay extra fees plus longer processing time. So basically, I would be evaluated twice for the same CEC criteria with extra time and fees. I don't know what these CIC guys are smoking these days.. lol!