+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLZ: Valid status for wife/kids, Went back without getting multientry TRV.

here2stay

Aug 14, 2012
My study permit expires august 2014. My wife and two kids came to visit me in May on a single-entry TRV.

I applied for her open work permit and visitor record extension for my kids and got it. They has status in canada until June 2014 (not until agust 2014 because their passports are expriing in june 2014). They had to go back urgently last week. I could not get the chance to get them multiple-entry TRV.

I am very confused now. Should I

1. Apply online for visit visa from Pakistan visa office just like I did in May. In that case when I answer the questions in come to canada wizard. I do not see how can I indicate their valid status as it just treats their application to be a new application.

2. Ask someone to carry their passports to Canada (with an authority letter) and then apply at CPP-O through mail.

Can someone please guide how should I apply to get their TRV in Pakistan while they have valid status?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Their extensions are no longer valid since they have left the country. They will have to apply for new visit visas (either single or multiple entry) from Pakistan.

here2stay

Aug 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Should I mention and refer to the spouse open work permit and visitor record extension they have and attach the photostat. Or just ignore these at all?

If they get visit visa and come back to Canada. My wife will have to apply for Spouse Open Work Permit again? Existing one is considered cancelled now?

TARU

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
here2stay said:
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Should I mention and refer to the spouse open work permit and visitor record extension they have and attach the photostat. Or just ignore these at all?

If they get visit visa and come back to Canada. My wife will have to apply for Spouse Open Work Permit again? Existing one is considered cancelled now?
Call to CIC call Center and ask the question from them.

If possible take the advice from expert lawyer i know he must have something to sort out .

Rest up to u.

Regards
Taru