+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE

Taffy

Sep 24, 2007
Hi everyone,

My application has been in process since November 2007 at the Rome Visa Office, they have never requested any further documentation from my self, in May I sent them a email telling them that I was pregnant and would this effect my application, I didn't get a direct response but they replied by saying that they were currently reviewing my application. My medical will run out in 10 weeks time and I will be unable to renew it as I am pregnant, not only that we would like to register our son for school in canada, but as there is no decision made should I contact them by email and tell them the situation, I have heard that if you contact them they are likely to refuse you application. My husband and son are both canadian citizens.

I would appreciate any information

Thanks

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
I have heard that if you contact them they are likely to refuse you application.

God I hope that's not true!!!

Lynn

BKM

Jul 27, 2008
Hi,
You've done the best to tell them that you were pregnant!
In one hand this is a new situation that you should have told them,
on the other hand pregnancy can just prohibit some certain medical
tests like chest X rays. So you've done the right thing.
It is told that applicants should never inquire about
their files, but in your case, you've tried to inform them about something
new. It's OK dear.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
You won't be refused because you contact them - but you're not likely to get much information through contacting them either. It's really better to order your CAIPS notes - they will give you all the information about the progress of your file.

The pregnancy is not a big issue because the child will be a Canadian citizen, even if he/she is born overseas, but your pregnancy will not help expedite your application either. It is still possible that your medical will be extended and that they will approve your visa without another one - it will depend on how far along in the process they are. You are still within the normal processing timeline for Rome (3-9 months), but it might make you feel a bit better if you had some idea of where things stand. Good Luck and try not to worry. You could have good news very soon.

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
I'm sure I've read that being pregnant by your sponsor will make a difference in terms of your application. I mean, if you think about it. It's one more thing that proves you are in a legitimate relationship with your sponsor. We spoke to an immigration official awhile back who said that any changes that may impact your application should be forwarded to the office that is processing your application. So, for example my husband extended his visa to remain in South Korea for me, while we're waiting for his paperwork to Canada to come through, and we sent copies of that. It was added to our file, and they updated it. In my opinion it is further proof of our relationship. It can't hurt!