+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please

jewbob

Aug 22, 2010
If your in canada longer then your allowed to be in, and you file for extension it costs an extra 200$ if you in canada longer then your supposed to be...

now..

I'm sponsoring her

we are filling out all the forms for the outland pr..

they are pretty much ready to be sent out

I was wondering if there would be a problem just filing for the extension and the reason would be she wants to stay with me while her papers go through, then sending out all the forms

I just don't want to waste money for no reason.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Normally spousal applicants who have PR applications in process are approved when they apply to extend temporary status - but your case is complicated by the fact that you didn't apply to extend before her status expired. So, no guarantees. If she's visa-exempt, you might just want to leave Canada on holiday for a couple of weeks and then re-enter together, with you speaking on her behalf to ask that she be able to stay with you during processing for PR. You'll need a certified copy of your marriage licence, proof that you're employed and can support her, and proof that you've applied to sponsor her. Again, no guarantees and you'd not want to get into the fact that she overstayed her previous visit. But at least you wouldn't pay the $200.

IF she's non-visa-exempt, it highly unlikely that she'd get a new visit visa, having married you and applied for PR. So, in that case, it's worth it to spend the extra $$ for the restoration ap and hope her status will be extended from within Canada.