+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Please-Passport needed for Travel

Abu Zuhair

May 31, 2006
Dear All,

I appreciate your help on the below case about my wife sponsorship application.

The Canadian Embassy in Cairo asked for my wife passport along with other documents. We already sent to them the passport and other documents more than two months ago but until this moment they still do not have final decision on my wife sponsorship application.

My wife needs her passport right now because she has to travel for Jordan for urgent trip after one week.What can we do in such case and why they did they ask for her passport too early and before they have final decision.It is unfair and unrealistic to hold people passport all this time because people they might need to travel.

CA17CA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Abu Zuhair said:
Dear All,

I appreciate your help on the below case about my wife sponsorship application.

The Canadian Embassy in Cairo asked for my wife passport along with other documents. We already sent to them the passport and other documents more than two months ago but until this moment they still do not have final decision on my wife sponsorship application.

My wife needs her passport right now because she has to travel for Jordan for urgent trip after one week.What can we do in such case and why they did they ask for her passport too early and before they have final decision.It is unfair and unrealistic to hold people passport all this time because people they might need to travel.
All what you can do is to send an email to the visa office to followup on your passport and show your urgency.
Also, don't worry about changing the status to final decision as long as they have requested the passport.

Good luck