+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please!! Medical exam expired! Do I need to retake the medical test?

WTLuke

Mar 27, 2021
Hi guys, I am an international student and I have been in my home country having online classes since last September.(I have never been to Canada) Recently I decided to go to Canada and I bought the ticket and booked the hotel for quarantine, when suddenly I realized that my medical exam has expired.( The medical exam was taken on Dec 2019, and I used it to apply for visa on January 2020, and started my first semester on September 2020.)
My visa will be expired on September this year,
For now, do i need to go take another medical test to enter Canada? And if so, do i need to wait untill the hospital send the result to IRCC so that I can go? or when will i be able to leave for Canada?

Really, really appreciate any of the help!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys, I am an international student and I have been in my home country having online classes since last September.(I have never been to Canada) Recently I decided to go to Canada and I bought the ticket and booked the hotel for quarantine, when suddenly I realized that my medical exam has expired.( The medical exam was taken on Dec 2019, and I used it to apply for visa on January 2020, and started my first semester on September 2020.)
My visa will be expired on September this year,
For now, do i need to go take another medical test to enter Canada? And if so, do i need to wait untill the hospital send the result to IRCC so that I can go? or when will i be able to leave for Canada?

Really, really appreciate any of the help!
No need for a medical. The medical is only required to qualify for the permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
will we need the medical report to still be valid when we enter canada? because according to the ircc website, it has to still be valid.
The expiry date for COPRs for PRs usually coincide with the 1 year anniversary of your medical.

WTLuke

Mar 27, 2021
Update: I am going to do the second exam tomorrow, and I heard from hospital that many people like me are going through the same situation and about to do the test to regain the validity.
According to IRCC, in my situation I am supposed to do the exam again, just in case.

WTLuke

Mar 27, 2021
If they need they will send you request for it....
Thank you for your help! but I think maybe that's only for those who are still in visa applying process. For people like me, who has already have a visa but never been to Canada before, should be taking a new body exam to make sure we can get through the port of entry.

It is required according to IRCC , click here. (at the very bottom)

If anyone has any idea about this, please leave a comment.