+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help, Please - Is a Work Permit the same as a 2 year working holiday Visa?

JRP

Jun 14, 2014
I'm Australia, I spent the last two years in Canada on a two year working visa (WHP)

I'm currently back in Australia but Ive just completed my application and received a message on mycic account saying It has been approved and I have received a Work Permit which will be issued to me upon arrival. (It took about 10 days)

I'm confused... is this the same as a two year working visa? I can't find any information on their website explaning if there is any difference or if they simply changed the names?

I'm just not entirely sure what I have been granted and would like to know before moving my life back over there...

Any help hugely appreciated ASAP.

Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

JRP said:
I'm Australia, I spent the last two years in Canada on a two year working visa (WHP)

I'm currently back in Australia but Ive just completed my application and received a message on mycic account saying It has been approved and I have received a Work Permit which will be issued to me upon arrival. (It took about 10 days)

I'm confused... is this the same as a two year working visa? I can't find any information on their website explaning if there is any difference or if they simply changed the names?

I'm just not entirely sure what I have been granted and would like to know before moving my life back over there...

Any help hugely appreciated ASAP.

Thank you!
1. You should have received the Letter of Introduction. You now show up at a Canadian Port of Entry, with proof of your insurance, $2500 and your IEC work permit will be issued for 2 years.