+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE! CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION while wife waiting for PR

BESTLUCK

Nov 24, 2014
I applied to sponsor my wife' PR about five years ago, and for some reasons immigration people just pending our case. We have requested couple of hearings now, and still no response! :'(

passed my citizenship test on Aug 2014, and waiting for my oath date. But after read many posts on this website. I am so worry now, would this pending PR thing delay my citizenship too?!

I have a good job, own a house, just set up a small business with friends, overall I have strong ties with Canada except my wife's pending PR application...

Could some experts help me here?

God bless everyone!

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you clarify why you are worried that your wife's pending PR will delay your citizenship?

BESTLUCK said:
...overall I have strong ties with Canada except my wife's pending PR application...
So, you fear that the CIC won't believe that you're living in Canada because your wife is overseas?

BESTLUCK

Nov 24, 2014
Hi eileenf,

Many thanks for ur reply!

I began to worry after I read so many posts in this forum, as people are saying that whether or not ur spouse is in Canada is a strong indicator of ur tie with Canada, and my wife has been living oversea this whole time....

Plus I did my test at Aug, 2014, it has been almost four month now....

Again really appreciate ur reply!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BESTLUCK said:
Hi eileenf,

Many thanks for ur reply!

I began to worry after I read so many posts in this forum, as people are saying that whether or not ur spouse is in Canada is a strong indicator of ur tie with Canada, and my wife has been living oversea this whole time....

Plus I did my test at Aug, 2014, it has been almost four month now....

Again really appreciate ur reply!
Hello friend,
Any chance to apply for your ATIP report?
Best regards,

BESTLUCK

Nov 24, 2014
thank u for reply beauhoe,

I guess I could, but base on my sponsorship experiences, they want approve u, they will approve u, if they don't, kicking and screaming won't help much....

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BESTLUCK said:
thank u for reply beauhoe,

I guess I could, but base on my sponsorship experiences, they want approve u, they will approve u, if they don't, kicking and screaming won't help much....
ATIP isn't kicking and screaming. It's getting your information about your case. Like if you're scheduled for a hearing or whether your just in line for an oath.

Did they ask you about your wife at the interview?

The issue of where your family is living comes up in the RQ, but as far as I can see, they don't even ask about it in the application. They will not decide your case based on where your wife is living. Having a spouse living in Canada is not a prerequisite for citizenship.

In the RQ, this fills out the picture a bit of your life, but the location of one's family members is not primary evidence of presence or absence.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
ATIP isn't kicking and screaming. It's getting your information about your case. Like if you're scheduled for a hearing or whether your just in line for an oath.

The issue of where your family is living comes up in the RQ, but as far as I can see, they don't even ask about it in the application. They will not decide your case based on where your wife is living. Having a spouse living in Canada is not a prerequisite for citizenship.

In the RQ, this fills out the picture a bit of your life, but the location of one's family members is not primary evidence of presence or absence.
Thank you eileenf!
Cheers,

BESTLUCK

Nov 24, 2014
eileenf said:

They did not ask during the interview. I don't think it should matter when I apply for citizenship, it just after reading so many posts that people are waiting endless for this makes me worry...

Immigration sucks !

I will make a request, and keep ur guys posted, thanks a lot! God bless u all!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BESTLUCK said:
They did not ask during the interview. I don't think it should matter when I apply for citizenship, it just after reading so many posts that people are waiting endless for this makes me worry...

Immigration sucks !

No worries! You are doing well with your citizenship application since you are not outside of the six months post test. Order your ATIP report as suggested.
Wish you the best,

BESTLUCK

Nov 24, 2014
beauhoe said:
No worries! You are doing well with your citizenship application since you are not outside of the six months post test. Order your ATIP report as suggested.
Wish you the best,
Thank u so much! Best luck to all of us !

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
BESTLUCK said:

Immigration sucks !

HELLO BESTLUCK

Don't worry waiting for 4 months after test is very normal , we have some applicant's who have been waiting, following the test, for many months, since July, June, Even some of Feb applicants are still waiting , no notice, no RQ, no other indication of a non-routine processing, but still waiting.
As for ordering the ATIP report it's Def a good idea, it will tell you when was your file approved, or if there is any concerns have been raised by the officer assigned to your file in worse case scenario..

Good luck!