+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Please - AOR for BOWP

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everybody,

Could someone please indicate the timeline for receiving the 2nd AOR, that would permit an applicant to apply for BOWP. From the forum it is clear that the first AOR is issued immediately as soon as the application is submitted, but am unable to find any info on the timeline for the 2nd AOR. Please help.

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
pdoc said:
Hi Everybody,

Could someone please indicate the timeline for receiving the 2nd AOR, that would permit an applicant to apply for BOWP. From the forum it is clear that the first AOR is issued immediately as soon as the application is submitted, but am unable to find any info on the timeline for the 2nd AOR. Please help.
Hey, Ive done quite a bit of asking around here and it seems like the only document of verification people have received is the electronic reciept after submitting their e-application. Apparently people have applied for BOWP using that "AOR". Don't quote me on this. I haven't been through the process, but I'm hoping to get a better and clearer answer before I get there. If anyone has a more definite answer to this, please respond!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
questionsasked said:
Hey, Ive done quite a bit of asking around here and it seems like the only document of verification people have received is the electronic reciept after submitting their e-application. Apparently people have applied for BOWP using that "AOR". Don't quote me on this. I haven't been through the process, but I'm hoping to get a better and clearer answer before I get there. If anyone has a more definite answer to this, please respond!!
Just to clarify - some applicants did et their BOWP processed using the eAPR but all of these case were in March and April. From May onward, CIC has made it abundantly clear that one needs to have the 2nd AOR while applying for BOWP else it will be rejected. And there have been rejections.

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Just to clarify - some applicants did et their BOWP processed using the eAPR but all of these case were in March and April. From May onward, CIC has made it abundantly clear that one needs to have the 2nd AOR while applying for BOWP else it will be rejected. And there have been rejections.
Oh, that blows :/

Asivad, it seems like you're well ahead in the game, you haven't recieved anything either? I mean how do they expect people to apply for BOWP if they're gonna take 2+ months to process the actual AOR -_-

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So it takes 2+ months to process the AOR from the time one receives a e-AOR? And by the current processing times it takes about 3 months for BOWP, so its ~ 5 months from e-APR,

No point in having a BOWP process as CIC states they aim to process PR applications in 6 months or less.

whitenoise23

Mar 30, 2015
There is a point for those of us who are in Canada working and with a work permit expiring. I get the joy of paying $255 (if I'm lucky) so that I can be on implied status and still work while they process my BOWP.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Asivad - CIC have not made any such thing abundantly clear. They still don't seem to be issuing 2nd AORs to the majority of candidates, and it does not follow that everybody who doesn't get one is ineligible for BOWP. CIC are still processing applications for BOWP from April so how can we know that people only applying with 1st AOR after this point wont get it

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whitenoise, thats a good point, but I am in a LMIA exempt closed work permit at a Univ, and cant accept a job without a open work permit/PR. So would have greatly helped my case if CIC could expedite the issuance of 2nd AOR that would make me eligible to apply for BOWP.

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Express Entry

BELOW EXPLAINS IT ALL -

In the Express Entry application process, a notice and a letter are sent to the applicant. Only the letter (Acknowledgment of Receipt) can be used to support a BOWP.

A notice (Electronic receipt of APR) is automatically issued to the applicants on receipt of their electronic application submission. This notice indicates the following: “Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application pursuant to section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This notice cannot be used to support a BOWP, as it does not reflect that the applicant has received a “positive eligibility assessment” as required for a BOWP.

A letter (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is issued to the applicants once their application has passed a completeness check. This letter indicates the following: “CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This is the official Acknowledgement of Receipt letter and it may be used to support a BOWP if all other requirements are met.

ray1031

Feb 28, 2015
satya.mnf said:
Express Entry

BELOW EXPLAINS IT ALL -

In the Express Entry application process, a notice and a letter are sent to the applicant. Only the letter (Acknowledgment of Receipt) can be used to support a BOWP.

A notice (Electronic receipt of APR) is automatically issued to the applicants on receipt of their electronic application submission. This notice indicates the following: “Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application pursuant to section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This notice cannot be used to support a BOWP, as it does not reflect that the applicant has received a “positive eligibility assessment” as required for a BOWP.

A letter (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is issued to the applicants once their application has passed a completeness check. This letter indicates the following: “CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This is the official Acknowledgement of Receipt letter and it may be used to support a BOWP if all other requirements are met.
But the real question is: Does the 2nd AOR really exist? I've search through the whole forum. And guess what? Not a single person ever mentioned the date when they actually received the 2nd AOR or the duration of wait between the 1st and 2nd AOR. no 2nd AOR = no Bowp = you lose your job (or a least you're not allowed to work in Canada for a least half a year).

So here's the conspiracy theory:

The CIC is trying to force us to quit our jobs. so many job positions will be 'created' trough this year.
Well, this actually makes sense, cause you cannot really blame a government for caring its own people.
But what bothers me is that they are doing it behind the scene and that lead us to confusion and panic all the time.

Like I said, this is just a theory. Prove me wrong please!

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too went trough this forum but did not find anyone indicating that they received a 2nd AOR, all I see is that people mention their ECAS updates. Some people do indicate that ECAS update shows their review of eligibility is set to met, then is that the 2nd AOR?

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
pdoc said:
I too went trough this forum but did not find anyone indicating that they received a 2nd AOR, all I see is that people mention their ECAS updates. Some people do indicate that ECAS update shows their review of eligibility is set to met, then is that the 2nd AOR?

Now the question is, if we can apply for BOWP with the first AOR? And if anyone after May has applied and gotten any success? I understand it's hard to say since their processing times are extremely long, so they prolly wont find out either till the end of july or august. My guess would be to just apply with the first AOR and see what happens? This is what it says on their website:

For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or email has been sent by the CIO.

whatever this means.. I'm still waiting for my ITA, however if I were to get it in time, I'd prolly just apply and see what happens. The worse is if you assume that the first AOR wouldn't fly and then you see others getting their BOWP who used exactly that. So I mean it's your call, but it wouldn't hurt to just apply with the "email AOR" as they mention!

Goodluck!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
questionsasked said:
Now the question is, if we can apply for BOWP with the first AOR? And if anyone after May has applied and gotten any success? I understand it's hard to say since their processing times are extremely long, so they prolly wont find out either till the end of july or august. My guess would be to just apply with the first AOR and see what happens? This is what it says on their website:

For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or email has been sent by the CIO.

whatever this means.. I'm still waiting for my ITA, however if I were to get it in time, I'd prolly just apply and see what happens. The worse is if you assume that the first AOR wouldn't fly and then you see others getting their BOWP who used exactly that. So I mean it's your call, but it wouldn't hurt to just apply with the "email AOR" as they mention!

Goodluck!
Unfortunately, that AOR isn't referring to 1st mail received from CIC on submitting the application after ITA. That document is called e-APR.

The 2nd AOR is still mysterious but not entirely a myth. I can recall the name of at least one member eSantos who has reported receiving it and there are others whose name I can't recall but you'll find them if you patiently trawl through that 400 page long AOR thread. Look for this information sometime after mid April. Around mid May, you will see some members reporting that their BOWP applications were cancelled becuase they applied with the e-APR.

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015 RCMP; 29-05-2015 Schedule A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
My WP is expiring Sep 24th. I'm on CEC closed WP. I called CIC 4 days ago and demanded the 2nd AOR. She said she will generate and send it to me. I was happy when I received an email from CIC with attachment. Unfortunately it was the same PDF as the e-APR. I was pissed. I called CIC yesterday and demanded to know if I'm eligible for applying BOWP or not because I have no official way to know (MyCIC still says "eligibility review as in progress")
This time the agent said "Yes, I am eligible". For which I said, "OK then send me the proof (second AOR) so that I can apply for BOWP". For which he said "Please use the first one you have. That is sufficient." For which I told him "Your website clearly says not to use the first one and use the second one called AOR letter". For which he said "I know you haven't received the second one, that is okay. Despite Express Entry, it is still officially 13 months for processing and I may get the second AOR several months later too and so please go ahead and use the first one you have to make a paper application for BOWP. I can see in the system that you have "Passed" the eligibility". I asked him "why do you say paper why not online application?", for which he said for your own good please use paper application with supporting documents and the first received AOR and he does not want to have a conversation with me 3 months later about why my BOWP was refused. He said few who do it online get lucky but he recommends paper application for me. Bizarre. I know many have done online and got it approved and yet he said this. :'( He promised he'll send me an email with details. Few mins later, he sent me an email (CIC email) that said this:

"Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Bridging open work permit - Certain federal economic class applicants

You can apply for an open work permit if you:

Have applied for permanent residence (PR) in Canada under one of the admissible categories of the economic class and are the principal applicant,
Have received a positive eligibility assessment on your PR application or, if applicable, the Acknowledgment of Receipt from the processing office,
Are currently in Canada, and
Already have a valid work permit that is due to expire within 4 months.
For information on the admissible categories, please visit our website.

To apply for an open work permit, you must send an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay as a Worker to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

You must do this before your work permit expires. You keep your current status under the same conditions, until a decision is made (implied status).

The application is available on our website.

Visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application."

What you discern out of all this is up to you... I'm so frustrated. They know my PR application is "Decision Made" but dont know when they will send the PPR or why its still not being sent (the agent said the decision is approved). And yet they want me to go and do the BOWP that too only paper application.

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I called CIC this morning to ask about eligibility for BOWP and the the time frame for the 2nd AOR. The agent told me categorically that the application has to be filed after issuance of the 2nd AOR, to which I mentioned to her that not many are being issued one. Her response was that they are issuing 2nd AOR's and those letters mention that the document makes the applicant eligible for BOWP, and there is no time frame for the issuance of the 2nd AOR.