+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help on Visitor Visa for Spouse

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Need help guys!

I just got my PR 1-2 months ago and now I am getting married and I like to bring my wife to Canada.

I think, there are 2 ways to do this, one is Visitor visa and another Family Class Sponsorship. Processing time for VV is 25 days from India and FCS is 12 months, definitely I don't want to wait for 12 months.

So, do i have to go with visitor visa or there is any other process ?

And if I go with visitor visa, then I have to apply for work permit for her when she land in Canada or directly family class sponsorship to get her PR ?

Looking for expect advice.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You'll need to apply for her spousal PR i.e. Family Class Sponsorship.

There are two ways of doing this: Inland application where you can file for an OWP at the same time as her PR application.... or as an outland application. For the inland PR app, she must be in Canada on a TRV (visitor visa).

It is generally difficult (although not impossible) to be approved for a TRV when the applicant has a spouse who resides in Canada/PR application is in progress/PR is likely to be filed

Cheers

Mrs.Champs

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Ecuador-Guayaquil
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
13/10/2016
Doc's Request.
02/11/2016
AOR Received.
AOR 21/09/2016
File Transfer...
02/11/2016
Med's Request
05/09/2016
Med's Done....
13/10/2017-PASSED
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
LANDED..........
soon
Hi,

You'll need to apply for her spousal PR i.e. Family Class Sponsorship.

There are two ways of doing this: Inland application where you can file for an OWP at the same time as her PR application.... or as an outland application. For the inland PR app, she must be in Canada on a TRV (visitor visa).

It is generally difficult (although not impossible) to be approved for a TRV when the applicant has a spouse who resides in Canada/PR application is in progress/PR is likely to be filed

Cheers
hi Bryana, what do you think about my case, I am married to a Canadian citizen and my sponsored application still in progress, while waiting I just applied for a visitor visa to spend 2 week in Montreal an celebrate my 1 year wedding anniversary. I know my strongest tie is my husband in Canada. But I don't have the intention of staying there. I want to go there and then come back to my country and continue waiting for the decision made. I just hope my tourist visa get approved.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hi Bryana, what do you think about my case, I am married to a Canadian citizen and my sponsored application still in progress, while waiting I just applied for a visitor visa to spend 2 week in Montreal an celebrate my 1 year wedding anniversary. I know my strongest tie is my husband in Canada. But I don't have the intention of staying there. I want to go there and then come back to my country and continue waiting for the decision made. I just hope my tourist visa get approved.
Hi,

Chances of approval would depend on the stage your PR application is presently + the ties you have shown to your country of residence

Hope you get your TRV soon