+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! On Live-in Caregiver Application for PR

iamannegee

Sep 24, 2013
I have a concern and I hope you can help me figure out what to do. This is my case.

I worked for a previous employer for 3 months which I wasn't able to get my ROE from for the reason that I cannot contact her and I have no idea of her whereabouts. She did not issue my ROE.

I am currently working for a family for almost two years(24mos) now and will apply this December 2013 for PR. Now, you see on the checklist for applying a Permanent Residence, I need to provide the ROE for ALL previous employers.

OPTION 1: Proof of 24 months of authorized full-time employment as a live-in caregiver within four years from the date you entered Canada
under the Live-in Caregiver Program.
9.Letter from your current employer showing your start date and that you still work for them AND
10.Contract(s) with your current and previous employer(s)
(these must be the same contracts reviewed and approved by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and
Citizenship and Immigration Canada at the time the Labour Market Opinion and work permit applications were reviewed) AND
11.Statement of earnings showing hours worked and deductions made by the employer(s) AND
12.Record of wages and deductions sent to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) by your employer(s) AND
13.Record of employment (ROE) for all previous employers AND
14.Option C Printout from your date of entry into the Live-in Caregiver Program
(this document may be obtained free of charge from the CRA by calling 1-800-959-8281)

My question is, what will I do? I do not have an ROE from my previous employer and can't get it from her, I tried submitting a request form in Service Canada but they cannot help me at all, I am so frustrated and I hope somebody please enlighten me on this situation. :(

Faithy0603

Sep 6, 2013
Write a letter attached to the complete application stating the reasons why you can't include the RoE and just attach the T4 with it. They'll see that you've worked with them for few months. Hope that helped.

aizanah

Feb 7, 2014
question im new to this and about to submit my application. regarding "contract with employer" must i submit the original one or photocopy will do? tnx

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
aizanah said:
question im new to this and about to submit my application. regarding "contract with employer" must i submit the original one or photocopy will do? tnx
Are you going to submit your PR/OWP application? I submitted a copy of my employment contract when submitting PR/OWP application and I have received my OWP about three months after submitting the application.

Good luck with your application.

aizanah

Feb 7, 2014
really wow congrats! im in the process of accomplishing mine. what did you send for the wages and deduction? and for the statement of earnings? tnx ;)

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
aizanah said:
really wow congrats! im in the process of accomplishing mine. what did you send for the wages and deduction? and for the statement of earnings? tnx ;)
I sent T4 for the record of wages and deduction, and copies of my monthly pay stubs from my employer (signed) for the statement of earnings.

aizanah

Feb 7, 2014
all copies of ur pay stub wow that must be a lot of papers then :eek: and for d OW all that is needed is the photox of d passport right?

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
aizanah said:
all copies of ur pay stub wow that must be a lot of papers then :eek: and for d OW all that is needed is the photox of d passport right?
If you can type your monthly paystubs in one or two pages, that is probably OK. But they should show the same details as in your monthly paystubs, then ask your employer to sign the papers. I didn't bother to make this format.

As for OWP application, I attached the copy of my passport and my current (valid) work permit. Write OPEN WORK PERMIT at the top of OWP form.

MJAMEM

Apr 10, 2014
Hi there! this is timely in my case. My previous employer was my sister in law. I worked there for 6 months i didn't obtain my ROE because the day I was telling them that I wanted to find a new employer, was the moment they told me if its my decision then I should leave right away which I did, the reason behind why I wanted to find another employer I cant elaborate it anymore. I dont have pay stubs. The only documents I have are contract and lmo. This August I will apply for OWP/PR. That's my concern. I went to Canada Service and filled up a form that was January 31, 2014 so running 3 months. So far no response from my previous employer. Any advice? Thank you I'd really appreciate that.

laine06

Jul 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
MJAMEM said:
Hi there! this is timely in my case. My previous employer was my sister in law. I worked there for 6 months i didn't obtain my ROE because the day I was telling them that I wanted to find a new employer, was the moment they told me if its my decision then I should leave right away which I did, the reason behind why I wanted to find another employer I cant elaborate it anymore. I dont have pay stubs. The only documents I have are contract and lmo. This August I will apply for OWP/PR. That's my concern. I went to Canada Service and filled up a form that was January 31, 2014 so running 3 months. So far no response from my previous employer. Any advice? Thank you I'd really appreciate that.
Hi there.. How long have you been working for your second employer? and what did you filled up at Canada Service exactly? do you have t4 atleast from your 1st employer? if you do just write a letter stating the reason why you dont have your ROE and attached your t4 slip from them.. If you dont have a t4 from them then you dont have any proof that you worked from them. did they pay u cash?

mjp1974

Jan 8, 2014
Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Cic vegreville/ transferred to Cic Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PR/ OW March 28 2011
Doc's Request.
may 29, 2014/ additional October 29 2014
File Transfer...
may 22,2015
Med's Request
may 29,2014
Med's Done....
july 29 2014/ remedical email june 16 2015/remedical done june 22 2015
Interview........
Sept 8 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 16, 2015/ send passport via lbc nov 19,2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16 2015
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015/ pr card october 30 2015 received via mail
hi..i also have the same problem with you coz I cant provide an roe from my first employer what I did when I applied for my pr I just send a letter of explanation is to why I didn't have one.well,that works because I already have my first stage approval.

MJAMEM

Apr 10, 2014
Hi I have my T4. good thing she paid me cheque. My question now, is T4 and Bank statement/cheque images as a proof that I worked 6 months would it help? thank you for your advice

mjp1974

Jan 8, 2014
Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Cic vegreville/ transferred to Cic Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PR/ OW March 28 2011
Doc's Request.
may 29, 2014/ additional October 29 2014
File Transfer...
may 22,2015
Med's Request
may 29,2014
Med's Done....
july 29 2014/ remedical email june 16 2015/remedical done june 22 2015
Interview........
Sept 8 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 16, 2015/ send passport via lbc nov 19,2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16 2015
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015/ pr card october 30 2015 received via mail
MJAMEM said:
Hi I have my T4. good thing she paid me cheque. My question now, is T4 and Bank statement/cheque images as a proof that I worked 6 months would it help? thank you for your
yes it will work i give them a copy of all my cheques given by my employer.

laine06

Jul 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
MJAMEM said:
Hi I have my T4. good thing she paid me cheque. My question now, is T4 and Bank statement/cheque images as a proof that I worked 6 months would it help? thank you for your advice
Yes it will help... Just add a letter of explanation... why u cant provide the roe :)