+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: OINP International Student Stream

marivr

Sep 13, 2021
I have been trying to check the eligibility of the Interactive Media Management program to the stream! I'm looking for someone that was successful applying for that stream having the same program as me.

The Centennial College website mentions:

Academic Requirements
  • Diploma or degree in any discipline
  • We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education and have relevant work experience

And the OINP website states:

You must have received from an eligible Canadian institution one of the following:

• a degree or diploma that takes at least two years to complete if you study on a full-time basis, or
  • a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement
This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program. Please also note that in order for a certificate program to be eligible, it must take at least one year to complete and require a completed degree as an admission requirement. A certificate program that takes two or more years is still subject to the degree requirement.

BUT the Ontariocolleges.ca states that:

Graduate Certificate Programs
Graduate certificates require a university degree or a college certificate or diploma for admission, building on knowledge and experience gained through previous postsecondary study.

See all Graduate Certificate programs at Ontario colleges

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have been trying to check the eligibility of the Interactive Media Management program to the stream! I'm looking for someone that was successful applying for that stream having the same program as me.

The Centennial College website mentions:

Academic Requirements
  • Diploma or degree in any discipline
  • We will consider applicants who have successfully completed partial post-secondary education and have relevant work experience

And the OINP website states:

You must have received from an eligible Canadian institution one of the following:

• a degree or diploma that takes at least two years to complete if you study on a full-time basis, or
  • a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement
This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program. Please also note that in order for a certificate program to be eligible, it must take at least one year to complete and require a completed degree as an admission requirement. A certificate program that takes two or more years is still subject to the degree requirement.

BUT the Ontariocolleges.ca states that:

Graduate Certificate Programs
Graduate certificates require a university degree or a college certificate or diploma for admission, building on knowledge and experience gained through previous postsecondary study.

See all Graduate Certificate programs at Ontario colleges

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
This program will not qualify for OINP.

zonur

Feb 7, 2021
Hi,
similar issue on my side. I sent an email to OINP and didn't get a good explanation.

My program is a one-year post-graduate certificate program and its requirement is as follows

• International Bachelor’s Degree* or Three-year Diploma* in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Landscape Engineering, Architectural Studies, and Interior Design
  • Demonstrated relevant professional construction work experience – a resume including roles & responsibilities and an employer’s reference on formal letterhead are required, preferably in PDF format

I am not sure if I am eligible or not. I have a degree but obviously, individuals who have diplomas in similar professions are able to register.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
similar issue on my side. I sent an email to OINP and didn't get a good explanation.

My program is a one-year post-graduate certificate program and its requirement is as follows

• International Bachelor’s Degree* or Three-year Diploma* in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Landscape Engineering, Architectural Studies, and Interior Design
  • Demonstrated relevant professional construction work experience – a resume including roles & responsibilities and an employer’s reference on formal letterhead are required, preferably in PDF format

I am not sure if I am eligible or not. I have a degree but obviously, individuals who have diplomas in similar professions are able to register.
Not eligible as per OINP requirements on the website. Your program accepts those from diploma programs.

This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program. Please also note that in order for a certificate program to be eligible, it must take at least one year to complete and require a completed degree as an admission requirement.

zonur

Feb 7, 2021
Not eligible as per OINP requirements on the website. Your program accepts those from diploma programs.

This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program. Please also note that in order for a certificate program to be eligible, it must take at least one year to complete and require a completed degree as an admission requirement.
Do you know if the employer could be a sponsor in this circumstance?