+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed - Post ITA Passport Validity

davepedro

Jan 1, 2015
Hey!

I'm hoping for some help, guys and girls.

I submitted my PR app through Express Entry (BC PNP nomination received) on December 3rd 2015.

My passport (UK) expires on May 15th 2016, and on March 9th I sent it back to the UK for renewal with expected timescales around 6 weeks to receive my new one here in Canada.

Today - March 10th 2016 - I have received a request from CIC for a copy of my passport Valid for 6 months or more from today's date. They have requested this by March 17th and there is no chance I will have my new passport by then.

I'm thinking I will submit a letter of explanation, with a copy of my application for my new passport and a proof of postage back to the UK.

Has anyone had a similar situation? I'm very scared that my application will be refused at such a late stage. Anyone with experience of this?

Many Thanks,
Dave

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
davepedro said:
Hey!

I submitted my PR app through Express Entry (BC PNP nomination received) on December 3rd 2015.

My passport (UK) expires on May 15th 2016, and on March 9th I sent it back to the UK for renewal with expected timescales around 6 weeks to receive my new one here in Canada.

Today - March 10th 2016 - I have received a request from CIC for a copy of my passport Valid for 6 months or more from today's date. They have requested this by March 17th and there is no chance I will have my new passport by then.

I'm thinking I will submit a letter of explanation, with a copy of my application for my new passport and a proof of postage back to the UK.

Has anyone had a similar situation? I'm very scared that my application will be refused at such a late stage. Anyone with experience of this?

Many Thanks,
Dave
Submit explanation letter along with copy of your current passport and proof that you applied for renewal. It's very likely that they'll extend deadline for you.

davepedro

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks anarsoul for the quick reply.

Has anyone experienced this directly? I'm thinking to submit a CSE at the same time to cover all bases.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
davepedro said:
Thanks anarsoul for the quick reply.

Has anyone experienced this directly? I'm thinking to submit a CSE at the same time to cover all bases.
Congratulations!

Given that you wouldn't be able to meet either of the 2 IRCC requirements - sending them a copy of a passport which has at least 6 months validity - your best bet is to reply to that mail with a copy of your old passport, your application for renewal, a short LoE highlighting that it might take up to 6 weeks for you to get the new passport and finally a request that they grant you extension for 6 weeks so that you may send them the required documentation. IRCC will respond favorably to such a request and extend the deadline - you will not be refused because of this.

All the best!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I represented my relatives and did exactly what anarsoul suggested, local VO granted the extension. The local VO required 12 months validity.

davepedro

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate your input.

Just to clarify, this is not the request relating to the PR card. The request came as an additional document request within my MyCIC portal and Express Entry application. I guess the process is the same either way?

So near, yet so far! :) :mad: :eek: ??? ::) :-[ :-X :-\ :'(

Kind Regards,
Dave

Cherry .

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hey!

Many Thanks,
Dave
Should we have to inform the province about the passport renewal other than ircc??