+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed, Open spousal work permit

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014
Hello everyone,

I got my PGWP last month and my wife came here for a visit and plan to apply for open work permit. I had a job as a structural engineer. I gathered some documents already for online application. From my side, I just want to confirm work permit, the job offer and recent pay slips.
0. Do you know if we can go to the border to apply?Because I found that it takes up to 10 weeks right now although I am so sure which category I should follow on the online processing time tool, work permit or work permit extension?
1. But the problem is that I just started the job for two months. Would it be a problem?
2. From my wife's side, does my wife need to prepare something such as bank statements?
3. Do we need an explanation letter to clarify the reason to stay here and more related?

yeliu

Oct 12, 2014
Do you know if we can go to the border to apply?
Because I found that it takes up to 10 weeks right now although I am so sure which category I should follow on the online processing time tool, work permit or work permit extension?
yeliu said:
Hello everyone,

I got my PGWP last month and my wife came here for a visit and plan to apply for open work permit. I had a job as a structural engineer. I gathered some documents already for online application. From my side, I just want to confirm work permit, the job offer and recent pay slips.
1. But the problem is that I just started the job for two months. Would it be a problem?
2. From my wife's side, does my wife need to prepare something such as bank statements?
3. Do we need an explanation letter to clarify the reason to stay here and more related?