+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed - OINP - Notice Of Intent to Refuse - Employer Job Offer - International Student Stream

Prawin609

Sep 20, 2019
Note : Three or more years of Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science/Information Technology or 3 years relevant work experience is needed to be eligible to study Web Design and Development at Conestoga College. But I didn't submit my Undergraduate Degree Certificate or Respective WES report or my 3 years of work experience certificate to ONIP. I believe this might be the reason for rejection. But I want to make sure what might be the exact reason for the refusal in my case. Please help me guys.

You must have submitted one of the following, dated no more than two years before the
date of making the application, as required by paragraph 3 of section 6 of Ontario
Regulation 422/17 (General):
Proof that you have obtained either,
A. a degree or diploma from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at least two
years to complete if pursued on a full-time basis, or
B. a degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at
least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis and that requires the
completion of a degree as an admission requirement,
and that more than half of the requirements necessary to obtain the degree, diploma
or certificate were obtained while lawfully residing and studying in Canada.
Or,
A letter from the eligible Canadian institution indicating that you have completed all the
requirements necessary to obtain the degree, diploma or certificate described above
and that more than half of the requirements necessary to obtain it were obtained while
lawfully residing and studying in Canada.
This is consistent with the policy guidance published on the ministry’s website:
You must have received from an eligible Canadian institution:
• a degree or diploma that takes at least two years to complete if you study on a
full-time basis, or
• a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you
study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission
requirement
You must also have completed more than half of your studies while living and studying
in Canada.
• You presented documentation that indicates completion of 1-year program in
Canada. It does not appear that this program is eligible as per prescribed criteria,
as it does not require the completion of a degree as a pre-requisite.
o You obtained a graduate certificate in Web Design and Development from
Conestoga College that was conferred in April 2021. The credential and
the transcript indicate that this was a two-year program.

Page 3 of 4
o Admission requirements for this program were a college diploma OR a

university degree. https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/web-design-and-
development/admissions?id=20924

o As admission into this program did not solely require the completion of a
degree, and admitted holders of college diploma, it does not meet the
educational criterion pursuant to Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General),
paragraph 3, section 6).

• Due to these considerations, your Canadian education does not appear to meet
prescribed criteria.
You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to provide a response and
include additional information and/or documentation to demonstrate that your
application satisfies all program criteria.
Should your response not be received within 30 calendar days, the director intends to
refuse to grant your application.

arun kumar kannuru

May 26, 2020
Note : Three or more years of Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science/Information Technology or 3 years relevant work experience is needed to be eligible to study Web Design and Development at Conestoga College. But I didn't submit my Undergraduate Degree Certificate or Respective WES report or my 3 years of work experience certificate to ONIP. I believe this might be the reason for rejection. But I want to make sure what might be the exact reason for the refusal in my case. Please help me guys.

You must have submitted one of the following, dated no more than two years before the
date of making the application, as required by paragraph 3 of section 6 of Ontario
Regulation 422/17 (General):
Proof that you have obtained either,
A. a degree or diploma from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at least two
years to complete if pursued on a full-time basis, or
B. a degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible Canadian institution that takes at
least one year to complete if pursued on a full-time basis and that requires the
completion of a degree as an admission requirement,
and that more than half of the requirements necessary to obtain the degree, diploma
or certificate were obtained while lawfully residing and studying in Canada.
Or,
A letter from the eligible Canadian institution indicating that you have completed all the
requirements necessary to obtain the degree, diploma or certificate described above
and that more than half of the requirements necessary to obtain it were obtained while
lawfully residing and studying in Canada.
This is consistent with the policy guidance published on the ministry’s website:
You must have received from an eligible Canadian institution:
• a degree or diploma that takes at least two years to complete if you study on a
full-time basis, or
• a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you
study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission
requirement
You must also have completed more than half of your studies while living and studying
in Canada.
• You presented documentation that indicates completion of 1-year program in
Canada. It does not appear that this program is eligible as per prescribed criteria,
as it does not require the completion of a degree as a pre-requisite.
o You obtained a graduate certificate in Web Design and Development from
Conestoga College that was conferred in April 2021. The credential and
the transcript indicate that this was a two-year program.

Page 3 of 4
o Admission requirements for this program were a college diploma OR a

university degree. https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/web-design-and-
development/admissions?id=20924

o As admission into this program did not solely require the completion of a
degree, and admitted holders of college diploma, it does not meet the
educational criterion pursuant to Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General),
paragraph 3, section 6).

• Due to these considerations, your Canadian education does not appear to meet
prescribed criteria.
You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to provide a response and
include additional information and/or documentation to demonstrate that your
application satisfies all program criteria.
Should your response not be received within 30 calendar days, the director intends to
refuse to grant your application.
Hi, I am in the same situation now, I received a similar email today. I have completed 2-year program from Conestoga, but the certificate shows as "Ontario graduate certificate"
could you please suggest what you have done?
Thank you!