+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed from Seniors !!! Please help..

Khanak

May 18, 2010
I am preparing for documents for FSW.... I need help in filling application.

I am Principal applicant and married to a man who is legally divorced from his first marriage. He also has a kid from first marriage but the custody is with his ex-spouse..

Now my question is where and in which form he needs to mention about his ex-wife & kid. The trouble is they are no longer in touch & we have no clue where they stay .. so incase of Background check would there be a problem..??

Please help...

Thank you
Khanak

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Khanak said:
I am preparing for documents for FSW.... I need help in filling application.

I am Principal applicant and married to a man who is legally divorced from his first marriage. He also has a kid from first marriage but the custody is with his ex-spouse..

Now my question is where and in which form he needs to mention about his ex-wife & kid. The trouble is they are no longer in touch & we have no clue where they stay .. so incase of Background check would there be a problem..??

Please help...

Thank you
Khanak
You do not need the address of his ex wife any where and they are not his family after the legal separation. So it shall not be a problem

No it shall not be a problem

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
You do not need the address of his ex wife any where and they are not his family after the legal separation. So it shall not be a problem

No it shall not be a problem
RIGHT,

But Your husband should provide his Kids (of ex-wife) Details. Kids are the family members of you people. You will not able to sponsor those kids (from ex-wife) in future if you hide details.

Khanak

May 18, 2010
Thank u everyone... for reply

I have one last question... the kid is not in my husbands custody and wud remain with his ex-wife as per the legal separation signed by him... In tht case the kid is not dependent on him... so adding his name wont tht be contradictory... ???

jagdeep_jaz

Feb 10, 2010
HI ,my friend is on dependent visa in Canada as his wife is on student visa for three year.

Can he take addmission in college without giving IELTS test as he already has Master's degree.
Or he need to go back to country of origin and do IELTS and apply for student VIsa from there ?

Please advise !

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Khanak said:
Thank u everyone... for reply

I have one last question... the kid is not in my husbands custody and wud remain with his ex-wife as per the legal separation signed by him... In tht case the kid is not dependent on him... so adding his name wont tht be contradictory... ???
Khanak, for IMM 0008 Generic, it is confusing, the definition of dependent, because they are not (as you say) dependent on their father, but they are dependent on a parent.

But the instruction guide says this, also:

"You must also provide details on family members whose location is unknown (including those missing or presumed dead).

"You must list all family members, whether they wish to be considered in your application for permanent residence at this time or not. You will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application.

AND -

Both you and your husband must complete the IMM 5406 (see page 32 of the instruction guide):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

"Write the personal details for your children. It is very important that you list all of your children (even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada). This includes:
-married children,
-adopted children,
-children of your spouse(step-children) or common-law partner,
-any of your children who have been adopted by others,
-any of your children who are in the custody of an ex-spouse, former common-law partner or other guardian."

So, since your husband has to list them on IMM 5406, I think you would be wise to list them on IMM 0008-Generic too. It would be best to try to find their current address, but if that is not possible, then attach a letter stating that fact.

S.M.FARHAN

Star Member
May 18, 2010
karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2009
Doc's Request.
20-08-2009
File Transfer...
hi,

I think u contact to expert consultant it's good for you........

Best of luck....

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes is right. You DO have to list the child as a dependent if they are under 22 and not married and must list them on all the forms. You would list them as unaccompanying. Your husband must make a concerted effort to track the child down. CIC will want them to be medically examined even if they are unaccompanying as it preserves the right of sponsorship of dependent children at a later date after your husband becomes a PR. The visa office will demand that you try very hard before they waive the requirement so the best thing to do is start now and document your efforts. An example would be copy letters or emails to the mother's friends or family members and their replies, if any.

Good luck.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ jes_ON Really Good Job

"You must list all family members, whether they wish to be considered in your application for permanent residence at this time or not. You will not be able to sponsor family members at a later date if they are not listed on your application.

"Write the personal details for your children. It is very important that you list all of your children (even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada). This includes:
-married children,
-adopted children,
-children of your spouse(step-children) or common-law partner,
-any of your children who have been adopted by others,
-any of your children who are in the custody of an ex-spouse, former common-law partner or other guardian."