+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed for NOC

kzzz_087

Feb 28, 2023
Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone's doing well. I am in need of some guidance regarding my National Occupational Classification (NOC) as I've been very hesitated to decide which NOC I should choose. The following is my job responsibilities as a Business Analyst at a Canadian e-commerce firm:

- Working closely with the local leadership team, helping to extract and identify emerging trends, to form hypotheses, and to help us develop business insights and recommendations.

- Working cross functionally to deliver routine and adhoc support for marketing, product management, public relations, category management.

- Uncovering business insights to improve the customer experience and drive business priorities through analysis of eBay’s datasets.

- Creating business intelligent dashboards, along with insights to help the business teams create compelling strategies; and continuing to evaluate existing business reporting and identify opportunities for improvement.

Qualifications include expert database knowledge such as SQL and fluency in analysis tool and languages such as tableau and python.

Overall, my duties are half-business and half-technical. For the "business" part, I found myself suitable for NOC 11202 – Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations but on the "technical" side, 21223 – Database analysts and data administrators seems like a good fit for the technical part, as I’ve constantly been utilizing SQL in majority of my time. I am unsure of which one to choose because both of the above NOC fit part of, but not entirely my job responsibilities. If there are other appropriate NOC that I missed, I’m more than happy to accept any guidance or assistance.

I appreciate any assistance in advance!

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone's doing well. I am in need of some guidance regarding my National Occupational Classification (NOC) as I've been very hesitated to decide which NOC I should choose. The following is my job responsibilities as a Business Analyst at a Canadian e-commerce firm:

- Working closely with the local leadership team, helping to extract and identify emerging trends, to form hypotheses, and to help us develop business insights and recommendations.

- Working cross functionally to deliver routine and adhoc support for marketing, product management, public relations, category management.

- Uncovering business insights to improve the customer experience and drive business priorities through analysis of eBay’s datasets.

- Creating business intelligent dashboards, along with insights to help the business teams create compelling strategies; and continuing to evaluate existing business reporting and identify opportunities for improvement.

Qualifications include expert database knowledge such as SQL and fluency in analysis tool and languages such as tableau and python.

Overall, my duties are half-business and half-technical. For the "business" part, I found myself suitable for NOC 11202 – Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations but on the "technical" side, 21223 – Database analysts and data administrators seems like a good fit for the technical part, as I’ve constantly been utilizing SQL in majority of my time. I am unsure of which one to choose because both of the above NOC fit part of, but not entirely my job responsibilities. If there are other appropriate NOC that I missed, I’m more than happy to accept any guidance or assistance.

I appreciate any assistance in advance!
Although you are not a database designer who Analysis requirements and plans, designs data structures, data population and migration plans, but these visa officers don't know a shit , so data analysis is your best bet, i helped someone with your profile and he was approved.

Have you checked data scientist? Some crazy bastard has put lits if AI and machine learning into the NOC but for that to me you are more of a data scientist than data analyst.

Advertising and marketing, yes maybe , a modern day advertising and marketing pro.

kzzz_087

Feb 28, 2023
Although you are not a database designer who Analysis requirements and plans, designs data structures, data population and migration plans, but these visa officers don't know a shit , so data analysis is your best bet, i helped someone with your profile and he was approved.

Have you checked data scientist? Some crazy bastard has put lits if AI and machine learning into the NOC but for that to me you are more of a data scientist than data analyst.

Advertising and marketing, yes maybe , a modern day advertising and marketing pro.
Thank you so much for you response! Except for Data Scientist, is there any other data analysis related NOCs? NOC Data Scientist seems good and I do have some machine learning knowledge, but I haven’t been really using them in my current role. Would that still work?
Thanks again!

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Thank you so much for you response! Except for Data Scientist, is there any other data analysis related NOCs? NOC Data Scientist seems good and I do have some machine learning knowledge, but I haven’t been really using them in my current role. Would that still work?
Thanks again!
Check 0611 (i don't know the new code)