+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Needed** CEC Inland Applicant-Currently Out of Canada

Dec 10, 2021
Hello,

I am much in need of some advice as I applied with CEC Inland- AOR on April 1st.
I am currently out of Canada, and my profile is pending Background and Eligibility checks as they are still in review. My last update was in late April, confirming my medical has been passed.

Since all the visas are cancelled when COPR issued, I am trying to plan my trip back to Canada. Please note that I must be able to go back to Canada as I am working in Canada (so transferring my case to my home-country embassy wouldn't be smart as it might extend the process timelines).
I read online that IRCC would be sending a message to ask and confirm my presence in Canada before issuing the COPR. Thus, do you think it is wise to wait for that message and take a flight back to Canada when receiving the message? If I am wrong, please correct me but since there are still parts in review, I wouldn't get the COPR in a day? Please note that I can take a flight back any day but want to spend as much time in my home-country till my COPR since it is a family emergency...

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.