+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!! my study permit is refused even though I showed sufficient proof of funds, please suggest me how to reapply successfully

Fhbas

Nov 3, 2021
Hi and good day,

My background:

- 37 y.o. Indonesian apply from Indonesia
- married with 2 kids : applied SOWP and visitor visa for the kids
- did bachelors from Indonesia (Bina Nusantara University) and Australia (Curtin University), was a double degree program, studied 4 years and received 2 degrees
- almost 15 yrs working in a bank (9 years of it being a branch manager)
- admitted to U of Windsor, Master of Management for May 2022 intake (total tuition fee for 2 years os around CAD 41,000)
Already mentioned in my SOP that I would like to upskill my knowledge for better career prospect, as most C level execs or directors in financial institutions in my country requires Masters / MBA degree
- showed around CAD 80,000 in bank statement (mostly in Fixed Deposit / Time Deposit) and CAD 15,000 pension fund
- showed 4 property deeds around CAD 200,000 under wife's name and a vehicle under my name

Timeline :
- Oct 4 submit SP
- Oct 5 biometrics
- did medical upfront, updated in Oct 12
- Oct 27 review of eligibility
- Nov 3 refusal

Refusal reason:

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

I need help on building a stronger case to reapply and what to do next, any inputs will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited: