+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help me please Learn my story

Willjo

Nov 13, 2020
Hello I am an international student and recently I arrived in Montreal with a study permit in Dec for a Bachelor of Administration at UQO but I applied for a study permit 1 year ago and the processing of the application was delayed due to the Covid 19. At that time I didn’t have a bachelor’s degree in my country of origin but I was in the last year to get it so I decide to re start everything back in Canada Because I couldn't do anything else but due to the long delay in treatment I had to finish my studies in my home country and now I have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and I don’t want to start the program again so I just want to study a certificate in administration at the UQO just to soak up the Canadian system. My question is as follows: if I follow this path I will not have a problem with immigration when I ask for a PTPD or should I start everything again , Or is it possible to apply for an open work permit with my bachelor’s degree obtained in my country of origin? Please help me I don’t want to live underground

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello I am an international student and recently I arrived in Montreal with a study permit in Dec for a Bachelor of Administration at UQO but I applied for a study permit 1 year ago and the processing of the application was delayed due to the Covid 19. At that time I didn’t have a bachelor’s degree in my country of origin but I was in the last year to get it so I decide to re start everything back in Canada Because I couldn't do anything else but due to the long delay in treatment I had to finish my studies in my home country and now I have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and I don’t want to start the program again so I just want to study a certificate in administration at the UQO just to soak up the Canadian system. My question is as follows: if I follow this path I will not have a problem with immigration when I ask for a PTPD or should I start everything again , Or is it possible to apply for an open work permit with my bachelor’s degree obtained in my country of origin? Please help me I don’t want to live underground
I don't know what a PTPD is.

You cannot obtain an open work permit based on the bachelor degree obtained in your home country.

If you have switched schools, you need to notify IRCC.

You may qualify for a post graduate work permit after you finish your certificate. It will depend on whether the program is full time and how long it is.

Willjo

Nov 13, 2020
Okay thank you PTPD is post graduate work permit in French . I wanna do a certificate in administration and it’s a full time program it is also a 1 year program but the study permit I get it is for 3 year If I apply for the certificate I won’t have any problems with immigration? Could I have a new CAQ without problems? Ps I am french excuse me for my English

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Okay thank you PTPD is post graduate work permit in French . I wanna do a certificate in administration and it’s a full time program it is also a 1 year program but the study permit I get it is for 3 year If I apply for the certificate I won’t have any problems with immigration? Could I have a new CAQ without problems? Ps I am french excuse me for my English
You won't have any issues with your study permit. However you'll only qualify for a 1 year work permit after you finish your studies. If your objective is to become a PR, then it's strongly recommended that you complete a 2 year program so that you can qualify for a 3 year work permit after you finish your studies.

Willjo

Nov 13, 2020
Okay thank you I am interest by pr can you please suggest me a 2 year program Who's going in the same direction as my bachelor's degree ?