+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help:LMO after working full time under PGWP ??

Smile26

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
I have been working with my company since I was co-op student and after graduation I was hired full time when I was on PGWP.My PGWP is expiring in 2 weeks and my company wants to file for an LMO.My question is:
1) Is there an online form they can fill for applying for LMO ? Do they get a confirmation which I can use to correspond with CIC for renewal of WP or a confirmation is obtained only after approval of an LMO ???
2) Since my PGWP is expiring ...do I fill Application to change conditions,extend my stay or remain in Canada form (MM-1249) and tick mark C:An initial work permit or extension of work permit and also write to say that my company is in the process of applying for LMO and submit before the expiry of my PGWP??
3) After doing step 3,when I get an LMO how do I inform the CIC so that I can be granted WP ??

Please answer my queries.
Thank you

R

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smile26 said:
I have been working with my company since I was co-op student and after graduation I was hired full time when I was on PGWP.My PGWP is expiring in 2 weeks and my company wants to file for an LMO.My question is:
1) Is there an online form they can fill for applying for LMO ? Do they get a confirmation which I can use to correspond with CIC for renewal of WP or a confirmation is obtained only after approval of an LMO ???
2) Since my PGWP is expiring ...do I fill Application to change conditions,extend my stay or remain in Canada form (MM-1249) and tick mark C:An initial work permit or extension of work permit and also write to say that my company is in the process of applying for LMO and submit before the expiry of my PGWP??
3) After doing step 3,when I get an LMO how do I inform the CIC so that I can be granted WP ??

Please answer my queries.
Thank you
Your employer will have to apply for LMO for you. I am not sure if its online or paper work, but your employer will get cofirmation from HRSDC office, Canada. Once your pgwp is expired, your only way to stay in Canada is to apply for LMO and full work permit. You can't apply on the basis of change of condition rule. Your company will get lmo report which you must attach along with your permit application. You can for sure apply online for work permit. The processing time is only 15 working days.