+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: LMO after working full time under PGWP ??

Smile26

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
I have been working with my company since I was co-op student and after graduation I was hired full time when I was on PGWP.My PGWP is expiring in 2 weeks and my company wants to file for an LMO.My question is:
1) Is there an online form they can fill for applying for LMO ? Do they get a confirmation which I can use to correspond with CIC for renewal of WP or a confirmation is obtained only after approval of an LMO ???
2) Since my PGWP is expiring ...do I fill Application to change conditions,extend my stay or remain in Canada form (MM-1249) and tick mark C:An initial work permit or extension of work permit and also write to say that my company is in the process of applying for LMO and submit before the expiry of my PGWP??
3) After doing step 3,when I get an LMO how do I inform the CIC so that I can be granted WP ??

Please answer my queries.
Thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Smile26 said:
I have been working with my company since I was co-op student and after graduation I was hired full time when I was on PGWP.My PGWP is expiring in 2 weeks and my company wants to file for an LMO.My question is:

1) Is there an online form they can fill for applying for LMO ? Do they get a confirmation which I can use to correspond with CIC for renewal of WP or a confirmation is obtained only after approval of an LMO ???

The form is downloadable but not submitted online:
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/search/eforms/index.cgi?app=prfl&frm=emp5517&ln=eng

They were experimenting with an online application but that doesn't appear available at the moment.

For question 52, the answer must be YES (and be reflected in your job offer letter - for example, the offer is for permanent employment contingent on employee obtaining permanent resident status). For Q67, if the answer is NO, explain that you were originally hired under the post-graduate work permit program, and include a copy of your PGWP.