+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help in IELTS

vishuetc

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Guys, I am having my IELTS-Academic exam on 13 OCt,2012.. I am really scared.. I'm not getting good score. I want to know how tough IELTS Exam is ? Also, Is Cambridge material enough to get 6.5 in IELTS and how fast is english spoken in Listening Exam...

Please Help.......

angelaman

Sep 27, 2012
Phagwara
Visa Office......
CHC CHG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-DEC-2012
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall
File Transfer...
5-DEC-2012
Med's Done....
26-NOV-12
Interview........
No Need
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-12
LANDED..........
24-12-12
vishuetc said:
Guys, I am having my IELTS-Academic exam on 13 OCt,2012.. I am really scared.. I'm not getting good score. I want to know how tough IELTS Exam is ? Also, Is Cambridge material enough to get 6.5 in IELTS and how fast is english spoken in Listening Exam...

Please Help.......

IELTS exam is not that tough as everyone thinks it just need ur concentration and belief....moreover try too practice a lot....and time is a contributing factor...Luck also matters here...
AS far listening is concerned what matters is the way u carry ur opinion abt the questions ..ur answer shuld sound original fluency shuld be normal as whole test is recorded ..
writing is always a hard nut to crack as it depends upon examiner wat he wants ....
rest gud luck may u score well...:)

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
By the looks of it your English is pretty fluent and devoid of errors. Securing 6.5-7 should not be a problem.

One tip that no one likes to share with you is to have a very good night sleep and a hearty breakfast. Take your mind off and chill out.

Listening: do not look around for a second. listen carefully. write ur answers quickly on ur question sheet. Section 3 and section 4 are going to be pretty fast in terms of speed but still manageable. So you had better try to get max mileage out of first two sections.
Reading: do not spent so much time on answering one question move on. You can start from any passage in order. There must be one that is very hardest and trickest passage so it will eat up most of your time. Just have a quick look at the pssages from which you should start answering questions.
writing: Again, practice. learn some specialized vocab that might come handy in writing task1.
speaking: show off your vocabulary, connectors, and speak clearly. No need to mumble jumble your sentences in order to sound like a fluent speaker.

Good luck