+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help in applying for FSW Arranged Employment

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hello everyone!!!!!

I am planning on applying for FSW under the Arranged Employment option. I have a series of questions that follow the message, so if somebody could answer those questions I would appreciate the effort.

About me: I am currently on PGWP and working on a permanent full time position for the last one and a half month as a Application Support Technician (NOC 2282 is what I think) at company A. Before this I worked on a contract for one month for company B on the same role and before that I used to work as a part time (1 month) and co-op (1 year) in another company C on the same role. The timelines for the same are:
Company A - From August 20, 2012 (35 hrs a week and Overtime)
Company B - 16 July 2012 - 17 August, 2012 (35 hrs a week and overtime)
Company C - April 24, 2011 - April 26, 2012 (co-op 35 hrs a week) and May 23 2012 - June 29, 2012 (part time 24 hours a week).
I had to put a gap at Company C because I was waiting for my PGWP which I received on May 24, 2012.
I have given my IELTS on Sep 22, 2012 and looking to get a decent score. I am 23 years old and have a two year diploma in Computers after 12th in India. I want to apply for FSW by the end of this year and asap.

Questions:
1. Am I eligible to apply for FSW Arranged employment? There have been mixed answers because of the co-op. I called in the CIC office and they said it is not written for FSW that co-op can not be used but for CEC yes it is mentioned. I know a friend who got PR based on Co-op work experience in 2009. Does not matter. I still want to give it a shot which makes my next question.

2. If I apply for FSW and they reject the application, will it have a negative impact on my CEC application later just the same way as student and visitor visas have? Another part of the question is what if my they accept the FSW and I have applied for CEC as well. Which application can I proceed with and will the visa office have an issue with the same?

3. What are the documents that I need to collect in order to file the case? Like birth certificate, letters etc.

4. What are the points that the reference letters should address for sure both from my previous employers and from my present employer?

5. When do I apply for my PCC from India? The problem is that I will have to submit my passport with the Indian Consulate and they will keep it until the verification comes back. How long is it valid for? Do I need to send it with the package or later? Once issued and submitted to the Visa office, what will happen if it expires while my application is still processing with them.

6. Do I need to show settlement funds?

7. Anything else that you guys think I should know ?

It is a lot of questions and I will really appreciate all your help for the same.

Thanks.

ahmad307

Sep 26, 2012
dbss said:
Hello everyone!!!!!

I am planning on applying for FSW under the Arranged Employment option. I have a series of questions that follow the message, so if somebody could answer those questions I would appreciate the effort.

About me: I am currently on PGWP and working on a permanent full time position for the last one and a half month as a Application Support Technician (NOC 2282 is what I think) at company A. Before this I worked on a contract for one month for company B on the same role and before that I used to work as a part time (1 month) and co-op (1 year) in another company C on the same role. The timelines for the same are:
Company A - From August 20, 2012 (35 hrs a week and Overtime)
Company B - 16 July 2012 - 17 August, 2012 (35 hrs a week and overtime)
Company C - April 24, 2011 - April 26, 2012 (co-op 35 hrs a week) and May 23 2012 - June 29, 2012 (part time 24 hours a week).
I had to put a gap at Company C because I was waiting for my PGWP which I received on May 24, 2012.
I have given my IELTS on Sep 22, 2012 and looking to get a decent score. I am 23 years old and have a two year diploma in Computers after 12th in India. I want to apply for FSW by the end of this year and asap.

Questions:
1. Am I eligible to apply for FSW Arranged employment? There have been mixed answers because of the co-op. I called in the CIC office and they said it is not written for FSW that co-op can not be used but for CEC yes it is mentioned. I know a friend who got PR based on Co-op work experience in 2009. Does not matter. I still want to give it a shot which makes my next question.

2. If I apply for FSW and they reject the application, will it have a negative impact on my CEC application later just the same way as student and visitor visas have? Another part of the question is what if my they accept the FSW and I have applied for CEC as well. Which application can I proceed with and will the visa office have an issue with the same?

3. What are the documents that I need to collect in order to file the case? Like birth certificate, letters etc.

4. What are the points that the reference letters should address for sure both from my previous employers and from my present employer?

5. When do I apply for my PCC from India? The problem is that I will have to submit my passport with the Indian Consulate and they will keep it until the verification comes back. How long is it valid for? Do I need to send it with the package or later? Once issued and submitted to the Visa office, what will happen if it expires while my application is still processing with them.

6. Do I need to show settlement funds?

7. Anything else that you guys think I should know ?

It is a lot of questions and I will really appreciate all your help for the same.

Thanks.
Hello dbss!,
Right now I'm just at your position in this comment. I have accomplished my master studies in Canada. And I have working for a company since August. The job is full-time Level A.
I have PGWP, so the question is do we need to get a LMO or other documents to apply for FSW class?
Thanks for your help.
AJ

ahmad307

Sep 26, 2012
dbss said:
nopes you don't need one.
Thank you for your reply.
The other thing is should I ask my employee for any special document or a general letter of employee and job offer will be enough.?
Thanks for your help.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
get a letter from HR that shows how much you make, when you were hired, what's the benefits if any etc....then get another letter from HR specifying your job duties.