+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help, huge mistake i think

razz7

Jan 19, 2010
hi,

my wife didnt get her PR card yet but she is living here, it has not been mailed t us yet, could she still fly out , we booked a light and i assumed she was landed alreay so it will be okay for her to come back witht he paper in her passport.

please advise

Canuky

Star Member
Sep 23, 2010
Nope, once landed, the PR visa on her passport is invalid. She can still fly out, but just get a family member or friend to monitor her mail incase the PR card comes in. The friend or family member can Fedex this card to where she is overseas. She will need this card inorder to enter Canada, or she can apply for a Permanent Residence travel document at a Canadian embassy closest to her.

Good luck

razz7

Jan 19, 2010
yeah, when i read your post i was depressed because i called air transit and they said sure once she has the paper, i called canada border control and they said "sure if she was in your car from the USA we would not have a problem, but if it is from international country we will let you in and send you to talk with immigration".....so i was still feeling a bit positive.....I went to the website where it explicity says you need a PR card to re enter canada.

So with vacation mode turned off, wondering how i could have paid the morgage with wasted money i walked to the mail box and there was her card. Real story guys. Just try your best, let God do the Rest.

R

robrod

Not to be or sound negative Razz, but did you read the thread with the news of a mexican woman (inland application) who left the country to a funeral back home only to be refused for the visa there she needed to get back before obtaining PR?. Her case is different as she wasn't landed yet but if that can happen, why roll the dice leaving before receiving the card and which clearly reads in CIC guidelines not to do?.
In your case, awesome news her card was in the mailbox after all that Jazz and the money thrown at the craps table did pay off...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since she is a PR, she would have been able to get a travel document from the Canadian consulate in the country to which they were travelling. It's not impossible.

But nice story about the card in the mail. Have a great vacation.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
razz7 said:
yeah, when i read your post i was depressed because i called air transit and they said sure once she has the paper, i called canada border control and they said "sure if she was in your car from the USA we would not have a problem, but if it is from international country we will let you in and send you to talk with immigration".....so i was still feeling a bit positive.....I went to the website where it explicity says you need a PR card to re enter canada.

So with vacation mode turned off, wondering how i could have paid the morgage with wasted money i walked to the mail box and there was her card. Real story guys. Just try your best, let God do the Rest.
Yeah!! Glad it all worked out for you.

What day did your wife land in Canada? I'm wondering when we can expect my husband's PR card.