+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP HELP HELP

SamOrAlex

Jun 8, 2020
Hello guys,

I was scheduled to graduate in May this year, but my study permit expired on April 30th, 2020. In March, I asked my school if they could issue my graduation letter or final transcript before April 30th to keep me a valid status to apply for a PGWP. Unfortunately, they answered it is not possible. Then I applied to extend my study permit based on other people's suggestions. Now I got my graduation letter on May 28th, but I was worried about my current application. Because IRCC hasn't started to process my application, but I have graduated. I doubt about if they will renew my study permit.o_O

I used the web form to contact IRCC to ask questions about this, but what I got are copy and paste. I'm not sure whether I should withdraw my current study permit renewal application, and pay to restore my student status(I could only do this until the end of June, because after this month, my study permit will expire more than 90 days). Or should I continue to wait for them to process my study permit renewal application?

Does anyone meet a similar situation before? Could you please give me some suggestions? Thank you.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yes. I applied it on March 28th. One month before my study permit expired(April 30th).
So you are on implied status and can apply for PGWP with it, there is no need to withdraw anything or do restoration. Applying for PGWP on implied status means you cant work until you get the PGWP approved.

SamOrAlex

Jun 8, 2020
So you are on implied status and can apply for PGWP with it, there is no need to withdraw anything or do restoration. Applying for PGWP on implied status means you cant work until you get the PGWP approved.
:DWow, this is good news. Thank you so much for your help.