+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: does employer's problem affect me in this case?

Hiromi

Feb 19, 2011
My husband is still a full time Ph.D student. I am holding a work permit and have been working for a small business for almost one year to support us. I was hoping to accumulate 2 year experience and apply for CEC. I was so hopeful until very recently something unfortunate happens. My employer was fined by municipal government for not renewing her business license for almost 3 years! Oh God I had no ways to know that when I was hired! Although now she is going to dispute, but the the chance is very small. She probably will have to close this business or facing a tough fine.
I am no lawyer but can anybody advice me will this situation affect me? Does this mean that all my accumulated experience for this passing year is invalid? I have been working very hard as her Administrative Officer and paying taxes and all the required insurances. I mean, anybody can help advice me what should I do in this situation? I'm so frustrated to weep......

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hiromi said:
My husband is still a full time Ph.D student. I am holding a work permit and have been working for a small business for almost one year to support us. I was hoping to accumulate 2 year experience and apply for CEC. I was so hopeful until very recently something unfortunate happens. My employer was fined by municipal government for not renewing her business license for almost 3 years! Oh God I had no ways to know that when I was hired! Although now she is going to dispute, but the the chance is very small. She probably will have to close this business or facing a tough fine.
I am no lawyer but can anybody advice me will this situation affect me? Does this mean that all my accumulated experience for this passing year is invalid? I have been working very hard as her Administrative Officer and paying taxes and all the required insurances. I mean, anybody can help advice me what should I do in this situation? I'm so frustrated to weep......
No, your employer's problem does not affect you regarding your qualifying experience. Just ensure that if she closes the business, you get the proper employment letter from her that meets the requirements of the CEC application as well as your Record of Employment.