+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help , do i need LMO ????? ...!!!!

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
I'm an international student who graduated last April 2010. I have 3 years open work permit and almost 1 year of work experience to apply for CEC .... Does my boss have to apply for LMO ?????

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
So, your open work permit is good until 2013? And you're asking about an LMO now? Guess that's thinking ahead...

A Labour Market Opinion (LMO) is required to apply for a (closed) work permit. It is not required to apply for PR under the CEC class. Once you have completed 1 year and 1950 hours of skilled work experience, you can apply under the CEC class (assuming all the other requirements are met).

If you reach 2013 and do not yet have PR status, and you want to apply for a new work permit, then your employer will need to apply for an LMO.

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
thank you so much for your reply....Jess..

I have several other important questions to ask you and if you could help me out about my NOC 6212 ...

1) In the reference letter, can my boss copy the exact SAME duties from the cic website or does he have to change some wordings ??

2) can i submit the reference letter and pay stubs to prove my employment ???

3) When i started in the fast-food, i was a shift manager right away, so do i still need to put the position held during the employment and the time spent in "EACH" position. Because, i only held "ONE" position which is shift manager and not "OTHER" positions like supervisor.

4) What kind of format should the reference letter be ????

thanks....

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rpun said:
1) In the reference letter, can my boss copy the exact SAME duties from the cic website or does he have to change some wordings ??

Your boss should write the truth, what are the responsibilities of the position, in his/her own words. In fact, you SHOULD have a written job description anyway, that your boss can cut and paste.

BUT if he copies directly from the HRSDC (not CIC) website for the NOC, it will be a "red flag" for CIC and could be rejected.

2) can i submit the reference letter and pay stubs to prove my employment ???

You MUST submit the Letter of Employment, per the instructions for application. Pay stubs are not required. Refer to the application instructions and Document Checklist.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/cec.asp

3) When i started in the fast-food, i was a shift manager right away, so do i still need to put the position held during the employment and the time spent in "EACH" position. Because, i only held "ONE" position which is shift manager and not "OTHER" positions like supervisor.

I'm not sure what you're asking. If you only held one position, then you only held one position. It's not uncommon.

4) What kind of format should the reference letter be ????

There is no fixed format, it is simply a letter that can follow any standard business format. The Letter of Employment must simply contain all the required information as described in the document checklist.

robert_in_la

Feb 4, 2011
rpun said:
I'm an international student who graduated last April 2010. I have 3 years open work permit and almost 1 year of work experience to apply for CEC .... Does my boss have to apply for LMO ?????
I recently had my LMO extended. Keep in mind that new 3 year LMO's have been eliminated in certain markets (ie: Vancouver) due to recent lay offs. You should be able to extend your work permit for one additional year at a time as I did. As far as your LMO and filing for PR... one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Good luck to you.