+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Different answers from Different Lawyers CEC

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hello Everyone . I need some help in determining if my job actually fits in with the CEC definition of experience Class as well as fits in with the NOC 1112 . I have gone for consultation with two different lawyers and both have given me contrary statements while one mentioning i qualify in the NOC A whereas other says i am not qualified to get the job from my education and hence not qualified to apply under CEC.

Job Title : Junior Financial Analyst
Salary : 45000 per annum before taxes.
Qualification : Bachelors in Economics from a Canadian University .

Job Responsibilities & Duties:

* Provide reporting and analysis of expenses, sales and profit

* Develop forecasting tools and provide strategy recommendations

* Develop variance analysis and impact assessments

* Monitoring labor cost allocations

* Balance sheet analysis

* Product costing

* Support forecasting

* Provide support to analysts in cross-functional reporting and analysis

* Provide additional support and analysis on ad hoc management requests

I would really appreciate if seniors or someone applying under the same NOC could let me know if the job responsibilities are in align with the NOC 1112 and having a degree in economics with 2 weeks on the job training as well wouldn't it qualify me to work as an analyst ?

Thankyou .

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello Everyone . I need some help in determining if my job actually fits in with the CEC definition of experience Class as well as fits in with the NOC 1112 . I have gone for consultation with two different lawyers and both have given me contrary statements while one mentioning i qualify in the NOC A

whereas other says i am not qualified to get the job from my education and hence not qualified to apply under CEC.
This one is wrong - drop this one, fast!!! First, it is a non-regulated occupation (unless you are claiming to be a CFA, which you are not), therefore the education requirements do not apply. But even if they did, they fit you to a "T" -
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=1112

• A bachelor's degree in commerce, business administration or economics and on-the-job training and industry courses and programs are usually required
Job Title : Junior Financial Analyst
Salary : 45000 per annum before taxes.
Qualification : Bachelors in Economics from a Canadian University .

Job Responsibilities & Duties:

Not my field, so I am not confident that the duties and responsibilities are good fit with the NOC. It would help if could provide more context about the company you work for, the products/services sold, who the customer is... review the lead statement of the NOC and see if that fits.

Reactions: DelPiero07

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Thankyou Jess for your detailed input . Yup the second lawyer had me really confused as well as my research told me this was an unregulated job . Guess i just wasted my 150 dollars on a 10 minutes consultation with him lol .

The company i work for is basically one that supplies medical equipment's to different hospitals /clinics and doctors and has being in business since the last 25 years or so .

Secondly my salary is above average in the same profession if one considers it to be for a junior financial analyst role i.e usually junior finalist earns anywhere from 38000 to 47000 CDN with average of 43000 . However senior one at this level can earn anywhere from 50,000 to 80,000 . The second lawyer that i wasted my money on also mentioned that your salary is way low then it should be and hence doesn't qualify you for CEC again . However when i did try to mention to him that i am getting a starting salary which is still above average then people from the same background , he conterar argued me and mentioned i should not be concerned about what the starting salary but should be comparing my salary with the senior finalist analyst instead who obviously do earn much more then me but have being in the industry for 5 years or longer.