+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help CIC wants Police Certificate from another country (Spouse)

ImmiG6

Aug 14, 2018
Just got a request letter and CIC wants a police certificate of my spouse's stay of 7 months in Uganda for studies (2013 till March 2014) from my wife - who currently resides in Kenya and 7 months pregnant. I called Uganda High Commisions and they said my wife would have to go to Uganda's Interpol in Uganda to do this.. CIC gave me 30 days to do this. Any advice? Thanks.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just got a request letter and CIC wants a police certificate of my spouse's stay of 7 months in Uganda for studies (2013 till March 2014) from my wife - who currently resides in Kenya and 7 months pregnant. I called Uganda High Commisions and they said my wife would have to go to Uganda's Interpol in Uganda to do this.. CIC gave me 30 days to do this. Any advice? Thanks.
I assume you weren't surprised that the Ugandan PCC was requested. This was expected.

Have you seen the information here regarding options for obtaining the PCC?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/uganda.html

You can contact the visa office to request more time to obtain the PCC.

ImmiG6

Aug 14, 2018
I assume you weren't surprised that the Ugandan PCC was requested. This was expected.

Have you seen the information here regarding options for obtaining the PCC?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/uganda.html

You can contact the visa office to request more time to obtain the PCC.
Thanks for the reply.. I was kinda surprised tbqh.. Caught me off-guard.

Nevertheless.. Whats the best way to let the visa office know that I require more time?