+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Can I apply urgency with my situation ?

canadavan

Sep 8, 2016
I have a question about applying citizenship in urgency. I will apply citizenship in this Sep, question is now I get a invest opptunity to open a new company in USA. I will be in charge the company I the USA. This is case I have to get E1 visa for working in USA, however to apply in this visa I have to be Canadian citizen. Otherwise, I may lose this opptunity. In this case can I apply in urgency or am I illegible to apply in urgency? Anyone have this experience...Help

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
canadavan said:
I have a question about applying citizenship in urgency. I will apply citizenship in this Sep, question is now I get a invest opptunity to open a new company in USA. I will be in charge the company I the USA. This is case I have to get E1 visa for working in USA, however to apply in this visa I have to be Canadian citizen. Otherwise, I may lose this opptunity. In this case can I apply in urgency or am I illegible to apply in urgency? Anyone have this experience...Help
never heard of urgency citizenship... Please let us know what you find out , i am sure many people are in urgent need to make some money in other parts of the world

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadavan said:
I don't think you will be able to get CIC to speed up your process for citizenship just so you can leave Canada for a job opportunity. While "You can't apply for a job or could lose your job because you are not a Canadian citizen" is one of reasons for urgency. It does not apply to your case since it is the job is offered by an american company. If this job offer was made through a Canadian company offering the job in US, then you may have a case.

This urgency reason is usually reserved for jobs within Canada that requires Canadian citizenship. Ie RCMP, Canadian Forces, or a position that requires top secret clearances, etc.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
itsmyid said:
never heard of urgency citizenship... Please let us know what you find out , i am sure many people are in urgent need to make some money in other parts of the world
You can apply for urgency on your citizenship application but it requires special circumstances to qualify.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-urgent.asp

But to make money outside Canada is not of them.

jfam2016

Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my perspective, it immediately raises a red flag on your citizenship application. In your application you are specifying your intention to reside in canada. I'm not saying that no one will leave Canada after the Citizenship, but before even applying if you make this case, then it will lead to conflict of interest on your application.

This is purely my perspective. But the experts might have different thoughts on this!!

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
While in this scenario you might qualify for urgent processing in the strict interpretation of the rules, you would likely only speed your way into a problem--as you are basically admitting you don't have an intent to reside in Canada after receiving citizenship. Of course, the Liberals have vowed to get rid of this clause and we are not sure what IRCC is doing with it right now, but this really doesn't seem worth the risk. You should decide what is more important: Canadian citizenship or this job opportunity?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
links18 said:
While in this scenario you might qualify for urgent processing in the strict interpretation of the rules, you would likely only speed your way into a problem--as you are basically admitting you don't have an intent to reside in Canada after receiving citizenship. Of course, the Liberals have vowed to get rid of this clause and we are not sure what IRCC is doing with it right now, but this really doesn't seem worth the risk. You should decide what is more important: Canadian citizenship or this job opportunity?
The OP doesn't have a choice. According to him, he can't get the job unless he has Canadian citizenship. It is not "canadian citizenship or the job". It's "Can't get this job unless I have Canadian citizenship.".

Reactions: catharines

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
screech339 said:
The OP doesn't have a choice. According to him, he can't get the job unless he has Canadian citizenship. It is not "canadian citizenship or the job". It's "Can't get this job unless I have Canadian citizenship.".
I guess if he tries to get the job by getting citizenship through urgent processing, he might end up with neither.

Dsc

Aug 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmyid said:
There is. That's what we're doing.

ozzy214

Aug 11, 2017
There is. That's what we're doing.
From the date sent to Getting AOR was just Three days?then you received a test invite within Two Weeks? we've sent our application Almost a Month Now And We Haven't receive anything not even AOR,Does it mean It won't get process urgently?