+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!!! BOWP rejected

fmagner

Oct 11, 2024
My BOWP has been rejected as of this morning with the reason stated as LMIA not submitted.
I am applying through CEC and I was under the impression I don’t need LMIA?
I sent my AOR I received from completing my PR application prior to the decision making and I was working under implied status as my original visa had expired.
Please please please someone help me?!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So are you now out of status? So you are on an open work permit like PGWP and didn’t use a LMIA for 50 points.

fmagner

Oct 11, 2024
I was on an open work permit but didn’t need LMIA to qualify for the PR pool as I had enough points.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was on an open work permit but didn’t need LMIA to qualify for the PR pool as I had enough points.
When did your work permit expire? You cannot work if it expired. So if you didn’t use LMIA then send a webform asking for reconsideration due to error.

fmagner

Oct 11, 2024
Work permit expired 11th of July 2024 but I had received implied status on 10th of June 2024 allowing me to work until the 7th of December 2024.
Please send link for web form for reconsideration! Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Work permit expired 11th of July 2024 but I had received implied status on 10th of June 2024 allowing me to work until the 7th of December 2024.
Please send link for web form for reconsideration! Thanks.
But assume it says you can work up to December 7 or when you get response , whichever comes first. So you might be out of status. Google - IRCC webform.

yasw

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
My BOWP has been rejected as of this morning with the reason stated as LMIA not submitted.
I am applying through CEC and I was under the impression I don’t need LMIA?
I sent my AOR I received from completing my PR application prior to the decision making and I was working under implied status as my original visa had expired.
Please please please someone help me?!
I believe it should've had been rejected. I would HIGHLY recommend talking to a lawyer or registered consultant ASAP! You don't need a LMIA. You met the criteria and was invited under the CEC stream, then applied for a bridging visa till the IRCC gets back to you with their final decision. You should've gotten it. No need for a LMIA.
You know what, I'll share a title of video of a consultant I booked a session with previously who goes through the bridging visa process in details, maybe you missed submitting a form or something.
The video's title is "Complete Guide to Bridging Open Work Permit Application in Canada | Full Walkthrough" SJP.

fmagner

Oct 11, 2024
I believe it should've had been rejected. I would HIGHLY recommend talking to a lawyer or registered consultant ASAP! You don't need a LMIA. You met the criteria and was invited under the CEC stream, then applied for a bridging visa till the IRCC gets back to you with their final decision. You should've gotten it. No need for a LMIA.
You know what, I'll share a title of video of a consultant I booked a session with previously who goes through the bridging visa process in details, maybe you missed submitting a form or something.
The video's title is "Complete Guide to Bridging Open Work Permit Application in Canada | Full Walkthrough" SJP.
I sent a web form detailing the fact I applied for the bridging visa prior to the expiration of my work permit and as a CEC applicant for PR my job does not require an LMIA so hopefully the get back to me quickly and approve the BOWP.
Thanks for your advice.