+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! Applied from Qatar

Fahad108

May 5, 2023
Visa Office......
UAE
I applied online from Qatar for a student visa but I was refused my visa due to the following reasons:

* I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

* Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

* Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

I don't understand the last reason of rejection.

I will be applying soon for the September 2023 intake to the University of Ottawa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied online from Qatar for a student visa but I was refused my visa due to the following reasons:

* I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

* Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in your country of residence.

* Your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

I don't understand the last reason of rejection.

I will be applying soon for the September 2023 intake to the University of Ottawa.
Don’t know your profile.

- Current employment: You have not shown that you are employed and financially able to afford your studies
- What is your citizenship? Were you born in Quatar? If not then what is your status? You need to show status to show ties or show ties to country of citizenship.

Fahad108

May 5, 2023
Visa Office......
UAE
Don’t know your profile.

- Current employment: You have not shown that you are employed and financially able to afford your studies
- What is your citizenship? Were you born in Qatar? If not then what is your status? You need to show status to show ties or show ties to country of citizenship.
The first reason makes sense. But I provided them with my employment and salary certificates and showed a 60,000 CAD statement with a GIC investment.

I am a citizen of Pakistan but I was born in Qatar. My current status is worker. I am not married but my whole family is staying in Qatar.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The first reason makes sense. But I provided them with my employment and salary certificates and showed a 60,000 CAD statement with a GIC investment.

I am a citizen of Pakistan but I was born in Qatar. My current status is worker. I am not married but my whole family is staying in Qatar.
You are not a citizen of the country that you are applying from and IRCC has a concern with that. When does your status expire? Can you renew the status? Where will you return to after your studies? How old are your?

When applicants have status in another country, you must show definitive proof that you are returning to one country.

Fahad108

May 5, 2023
Visa Office......
UAE
You are not a citizen of the country that you are applying from and IRCC has a concern with that. When does your status expire? Can you renew the status? Where will you return to after your studies? How old are your?

When applicants have status in another country, you must show definitive proof that you are returning to one country.
My status expires in 2025. I am afraid I won't be able to return to Qatar but I can return to Pakistan after the completion of my studies. I am 25 years now. I think I did not explain where I will be returning after my studies. I really appreciate your reply! Thanks!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My status expires in 2025. I am afraid I won't be able to return to Qatar but I can return to Pakistan after the completion of my studies. I am 25 years now. I think I did not explain where I will be returning after my studies. I really appreciate your reply! Thanks!!
So if your status expires in 2025, then that is the issue. You need to show strong ties to Pakistan. Talk about Pakistan and when you lived there. Include properties, investments, businesses and job opportunities to justify costs of the program. There is an issue about finances so say that you will make xx more in Pakistan by coming to Canada to take this program. Just explaining that you will return will not be enough. IRCC is concerned that you have no intention of leaving Canada.

Reactions: Fahad108

Fahad108

May 5, 2023
Visa Office......
UAE
So if your status expires in 2025, then that is the issue. You need to show strong ties to Pakistan. Talk about Pakistan and when you lived there. Include properties, investments, businesses and job opportunities to justify costs of the program. There is an issue about finances so say that you will make xx more in Pakistan by coming to Canada to take this program. Just explaining that you will return will not be enough. IRCC is concerned that you have no intention of leaving Canada.
Yes, I was thinking to show my and my parents properties to better explain my ties in Pakistan. The thing is that I have rarely been to Pakistan. But I will focus on properties, job opportunities available in Pakistan and their pay.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I was thinking to show my and my parents properties to better explain my ties in Pakistan. The thing is that I have rarely been to Pakistan. But I will focus on properties, job opportunities available in Pakistan and their pay.
And rarely been to Pakistan is the issue. Why would you return if you have never lived there. Property in your parents names are not relevant. You are 25 so not a dependant. If you have not lived in Pakistan and you have properties there then not a tie.