+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Help) Applied CEC withou LMIA, answered YES to "Do you have a valid job offer?"

rex911

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my application 2 days ago and had since activated full panic mode. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Here is my situation: I have PGWP and like most PGWP holders I have no LMIA. I have one year's experience in Canada and I am currently employed. I got just enough points to get an ITA for CEC. In both EE profile and PR application, when asked "Do you have a valid job offer", I answered "yes" without much thinking, never realizing that CIC defines "valid" different from everyone else. Surely I answered "no" to questions regarding LMIA. It did seem bizarre when CIC asked me to upload my job offer that includes "permanent", "NOC code" and what not, which my job offer obviously didn't specify.

Admittedly I should've done more research before submitting the application. It was already too late when I saw this post w w w.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-applicants-without-lmia-pay-attention-t271391.0.html (Sorry for the spaces between w's; can't post links :( ) . My question is: has anyone done exactly the same thing as I did? If so what are your outcomes? Did CIC give you a hard time on this?

Thanks guys.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I take it that you got '600 points' as it would have directed you to enter your LMIA information? How did you complete the profile without inputting a valid reference code for the LMIA (which you did not have admittedly)?

Everyone who selects no to 'Valid Job Offer' has to register with Jobbank. By definition you cannot register with Jobbank as the system would have recorded you as having a 'Valid Job'.

Send a Case Specific Enquiry, but there are no guarantees that CIC will be sympathetic to your case.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

bskap

May 17, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
rex911 said:
I submitted my application 2 days ago and had since activated full panic mode. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Here is my situation: I have PGWP and like most PGWP holders I have no LMIA. I have one year's experience in Canada and I am currently employed. I got just enough points to get an ITA for CEC. In both EE profile and PR application, when asked "Do you have a valid job offer", I answered "yes" without much thinking, never realizing that CIC defines "valid" different from everyone else. Surely I answered "no" to questions regarding LMIA. It did seem bizarre when CIC asked me to upload my job offer that includes "permanent", "NOC code" and what not, which my job offer obviously didn't specify.

Admittedly I should've done more research before submitting the application. It was already too late when I saw this post w w w.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-applicants-without-lmia-pay-attention-t271391.0.html (Sorry for the spaces between w's; can't post links :( ) . My question is: has anyone done exactly the same thing as I did? If so what are your outcomes? Did CIC give you a hard time on this?

Thanks guys.
I think it should be ok, As, you are currently working in Canada and you have job.

Technically, it should be NO, but you have said yes, then you have to supply job offer letter from employer where you are currently working. They know, you are on open work permit.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
To CIC, It's not a job if it's not backed by LMIA.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rex911 said:

Thanks guys.
EDITED

Not a problem. Just change the answer to 'No' in the post ITA application and these document requirements will disappear. This change makes no difference to your CRS so no LOE required.

I hadn't noticed that you'd already submitted the application. Still not a problem. You haven't got extra points based on that answer. You've uploaded some document where required. The officer will ignore that document and NOT award you 600 additional points. Which is fine with you as you never staked a claim for those points. You'll still get points for Canadian work experience so your CRS score will remain the same and it will be higher than the draw cutoff. Nothing to be alarmed about here. Nothing to be explained.

All the best!

rex911

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
So I take it that you got '600 points' as it would have directed you to enter your LMIA information? How did you complete the profile without inputting a valid reference code for the LMIA (which you did not have admittedly)?

Everyone who selects no to 'Valid Job Offer' has to register with Jobbank. By definition you cannot register with Jobbank as the system would have recorded you as having a 'Valid Job'.

Send a Case Specific Enquiry, but there are no guarantees that CIC will be sympathetic to your case.

Actually I didn't get 600 points. And I did register with jobbank.

rex911

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bskap said:
I think it should be ok, As, you are currently working in Canada and you have job.

Technically, it should be NO, but you have said yes, then you have to supply job offer letter from employer where you are currently working. They know, you are on open work permit.
I really hope the folks at CIC know their things. So far I have received conflicting responses from the call centre agents though.

rex911

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Not a problem. Just change the answer to 'No' in the post ITA application and these document requirements will disappear. This change makes no difference to your CRS so no LOE required.

All the best!

Can I still make this change now that I already got AOR?

Thanks for the wishes!

seemalz

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
I applied for CEC and in the profile I said "Yes" to job offer. "No" to LMIA. Which does not give you the 600 points at the end. I said yes to job offer because I had a job and would continue to be in that job.

For the job offer I attached my initial job offer (a year ago when i started) for which I had one year of experience. And in my reference letter and employment details the letter said that I am hired since that one year till present.

I still got the PR and I did not change my answer to "No" for job offer even though a lot of people said I should post ITA. I just wanted to stay consistent.

rex911

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
EDITED

I hadn't noticed that you'd already submitted the application. Still not a problem. You haven't got extra points based on that answer. You've uploaded some document where required. The officer will ignore that document and NOT award you 600 additional points. Which is fine with you as you never staked a claim for those points. You'll still get points for Canadian work experience so your CRS score will remain the same and it will be higher than the draw cutoff. Nothing to be alarmed about here. Nothing to be explained.

All the best!
That is great! Thank you Asivad Anac!

rex911

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seemalz said:
I applied for CEC and in the profile I said "Yes" to job offer. "No" to LMIA. Which does not give you the 600 points at the end. I said yes to job offer because I had a job and would continue to be in that job.

For the job offer I attached my initial job offer (a year ago when i started) for which I had one year of experience. And in my reference letter and employment details the letter said that I am hired since that one year till present.

I still got the PR and I did not change my answer to "No" for job offer even though a lot of people said I should post ITA. I just wanted to stay consistent.
Very encouraging! Thanks for sharing your experience.

And congrats on the PR!

Ivyxu

Sep 8, 2015
Technically, it should be NO.
Job offer means your job is backed by LMIA, that is why the system asks for your LMIA NOC ......everything.

I suggest you create another profile correctly and register with job bank at the same time since you got enough points.

Wish you good luck

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
rex911 said:
I really hope the folks at CIC know their things. So far I have received conflicting responses from the call centre agents though.
Like others have mentioned, since you didn't get the additional 600 points, you are probably okay. You could try submitting a LOE with a CSE explaining what happened. That way, they know you aren't trying to purposefully mislead the CIC in your application. It was an honest mistake on your part and doesn't alter your points.

rex911

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshesNdust said:
Like others have mentioned, since you didn't get the additional 600 points, you are probably okay. You could try submitting a LOE with a CSE explaining what happened. That way, they know you aren't trying to purposefully mislead the CIC in your application. It was an honest mistake on your part and doesn't alter your points.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Reactions: eskander

Jane69

Jan 11, 2024

Was your then job a permanent Job or contract? I mean the job offer letter a permanent job?

Last edited: