+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help. Anyone applied for travel document in person?

LoveCanada10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hello,
I applied in person for Travel Document yesterday and requested express 2 to 9 days pick up. The agent advised as my travel day is May 11, I can only get the standard pick up. He said this is 10 business days and I will get a call on May 2nd or 3rd to pick up.
I then checked and it seems the 10 days is for regular passports not Travel documents. I called passport Canada and they said they don't issue travel documents and I should call immigration. I called immigration and was told they can't help and I should submit an online form. So it seems no one can help. I live 3 hours away from Ottawa so going back is not easy.
I wonder if anyone applied in person recently and how long it took to receive the travel document. Was it by mail or personal ×pick up that you pay $20 extra.
Thanks

Muslima

Jan 22, 2016
Calgary
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Calgary
Yes I have applied in person twice . Their office is in Gatineau ....u can take d bus from Ottawa . And taxi is like 15 dollars from Ottawa. I live in Calgary , take ur application in person and if ure lucky u get it the next days or after two days .

LoveCanada10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Thanks for your reply but did you read what I wrote or just read the subject? :) I mentioned that I have already applied in person yesterday.

You said you applied twice in person. Did you pay $120 or more ($110 next day, $50 2 - 9 days, $20 regular in person)?

LoveCanada10

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
I applied for my 2nd travel document in person 3 weeks ago and I was supposed to get a call to pick up today. Instead of that call, I received a letter asking me to provide proof that I don't have my National passport. Stupid agents didn't even check anything before asking this question. They have my passport themselves. I gave my passport when I applied for my first travel document. There is no phone number to contact any officer other than the toll-free number which I called twice today but they say they can't help.
I used the web form to submit my clarification but I don't have hopes on that. I might just drive hours to get to Ottawa and see what this stupid employees think. They have 0 idea what they are doing!! They could easily just check my file to see that they have my national passport.

I have vacation booked for family next week but still no travel document. Maybe I should have just asked for my original passport without bothering with this stupid situation!!