+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Help* - 2nd Finger Prints Request During Citizenship Process

zainali89

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Storytime ->
My citizenship application was received to IRCC on June 5, 2019. Processing was started on October 23, 2019. I received a fingerprints request on Oct 31, 2019. I got it done and the office sent it back on Nov 5, 2019. I received a confirmation from <CCRTIS-SCICTRrcmp-grc.gc.ca> that my civil criminal record verification for Canadian Citizenship was sent to VANCOUVER IRCC on Nov 15, 2019 (I have an email reply from them). After that, I called IRCC and verified that the fingerprint records were received and got a confirmation.
Now on Dec 18, 2020, I have again received (2nd request) for fingerprints. I am wondering if the records got missed or if it is a system error?

Since I am in the US right now I couldn't call IRCC. Sent the Web Form and they said to submit it again. Did not say if the previous one was lost or expired.
Any suggestions on how I can get them done while I am in the USA?
Thanks

lovehoney

Feb 8, 2021
if it's been like a year, sounds like it's lost and ircc didn't get it. you should check out the fingerprint room. i went there and they ship it with fedex so it was pretty fast when i got mine done. maybe your case you can get it shipped to ircc directly so that way you have proof it delivered to their office? here's their website: https://thefingerprintroom.com/

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Hey !

There are 2 parts to question.

First is why you got a second request for fingerprints. The results of criminal check (I.e. what you do fingerprints for) are valid for 12 months. Since agent started working on file and found out that the criminal checks have expired, they have sent a new request.

Now coming to second part of your question. Apparently, you need to do fingerprints from Canada. Question is: can you travel to Canada for FP request? Receiving FP is a good news in a way that normally follows with the citizenship test invite. However, one has to be physically present in Canada to take citizenship test and Oath.

Good luck.