+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELLO. WHAT CAN I DO TO COME TO WORK TO CANADA TEMPORARILY.

Apr 30, 2009
HELLO EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM. I HAVE A QUESTION. I AM MEXICAN AND WOULD LIKE TO COME TO WORK TO CANADA TEMPORARILY. I AM A 28 YEARS OLD. AND ATTENDED HIGH SCHOOL IN THE UNITED STATES. NOW I AM IN MEXICO AND LIKE I SAID I WOULD LIKE TO COME TO CANADA AND WORK TEMPORARILY, CAN ANYONE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT CAN I DO AND HOW CAN I FIND A JOB IN CANADA.. THANKS FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ MY MESSAGE. GOD BLESS YOU.

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Let me understand this. You have a high school diploma and you expect to find work in a country like Canada, and that in a time of economic crises when Canada has lost tens of thousands of jobs?

I would advise you don't follow this path. Wait some years and get education and experience and apply as Skilled Worker. There are thousands of Canadians, some with Ph.d's and years of experience who are looking for jobs, so if I were you I wouldn't waste my time.

J

jdwhite21

You can very easily find jobs in Canada that do not require a high level of education. It would probably be difficult right now because of the bad economy but a Tim Horton's where I live just brought 4 more foreign workers. You would just have to work in the service industry. There are about 10 different places in my town bringing in foreign workers, even now with the bad economy. My husband has only a Grade 10 level of education (unfortunately he was conscripted into the army in his country) but that was no problem, he still came to Canada to work. These are the jobs that many Canadians do not work in, at least where I am from haha, but if you perservere and try, you can find a job here... You do not have to have a fantastic education. The only question is whether you care if you work somewhere like a hotel, fast food restaurant, etc.

J

jdwhite21

And I'll also mention that about 6 ppl where I used to work didn't even speak English...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know in Edmonton already last year people were getting denied work permits even though Edmonton has one of the lowest unemployment rates. A Filipino guy I was working with had some relatives who were supposed to be coming to work in Tim Hortons and he said all of Tim Hortons LMO's in Edmonton were denied.

There is still a chance though. Lets just say it's a lot harder now than it was a couple of years ago. Get some burger flipping experience and look for jobs online or find an agency that will hook you up.