+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hello every one about useing a lawyer ???

pomaaz

Sep 30, 2009
hi all
this is the first topic of mine and i hope to all people in this forum in good healt
i want to know about permanent resident visa if some one have familly in canada
can he or she use a lawyer for that ????
if yes how much money will cost ????
thank you all

pomaaz

Sep 30, 2009
it that hard to answer ??,,
17 person read this topic and no one can answer me ???????????
i mean can some one use a lawyer to get permanent visa ??
if yes how much money will cost ???,
hope to hear an answer asap

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
These questions can be hard to answer if the 17 people who read your topic did not use a lawyer to apply for permament residence.

A suggestion would be to contact a lawyer and ask questions. If they do not do immigration cases, they may refer you to a lawyer that does.

The cost for a lawyer depends on many things such as their experience, location and what they are qualified in doing.

Patience is a virture...for all the people who have applied to sponsor their families for permanent residence it can be emotionally draining.

Good luck...

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Before hiring a lawyer, I would recommend looking into things on your own.

For starters, you need to establish if this 'family in Canada' can sponsor you or whoever you're asking for. What is the relation between the 'family' and the one you want to see sponsored?
Read hear about who can sponsor: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp
If the person you're sponsoring is a child or spouse, go here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Yes, of course you can use a lawyer to do this for you. But there's really not too much more to it than filling out forms and waiting. And waiting. And then waiting some more. Personally, I don't think you or anyone needs a lawyer unless there are some complications, like if the sponsored person has a criminal conviction or a custody battle or whatever.

The cost of hiring a lawyer really depends on a lot of things. How good the lawyer is and how much time they would spend on your case - most charge per hour, so if you have a complicated case and they have a lot to do, you could be paying a lot of money. I would suggest contacting some and asking about their prices. Then you can compare and see what would work for you.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also use a Canadian Certified Immigration Consultant. You can find one who is certified here:

www.csic-scci.ca

Nobody can really answer your question because there are no details in your inquiry so we couldn't even tell you if you qualify under any program! Both mitamata and Lylyth are right.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Notwithstandng the valid caveats above, prices seem to be a bit higher for lawyers than Immigration Consultants. For the lawyers, about $4000 is middle of the range. For consultants, about $3000 seems average.

What they all share is the desire to get you to pay up front and only THEN will you know whether they are good, and whether you can work in sinc.

I might (were I starting over) look for a consultant familiar with the country of the applicant, who has the experience and contacts to help you get things like translations and notarizations in that country. That type of help can be invaluable. If a consultant says that they don't need to know the applicants's country to help with the forms, then you will be spending hours looking for translators and notaries online.

I would hire him or her JUST to help with the forms, giving you a chance to evaluate his expertise, and only then determine whether to hire him for the remainder of the process. Get a contract that spells out the specific serices to be provided -- including preparing a document checklist (identifying documents not necessarily specified by the Immigration document checklists). Vague promises like "help with the application forms" is not sufficient.

I will go it alone from here on in. Not one consultant was able to give me a direct answer about what they did to "represent" me with Immigration. If Immigration calls for something, all the consultant does is forward the request for me, and chek on status periodically , which you can do yourself.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Also if you have the confidence to do it yourself an immigration consultant or lawyer just slows you down depending on how busy they are.

nola

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The lawer can HELP you to : ( I can say shortly...)

Make you sure your application is fine and ok before you send it .
He can Help you incase lost the appliction. or any thing lost about it ..

so when he help you to make your application is fine... you will be in trust that your applicaion is fine : ) and you do not need to be worry about it : )...
But as I know >>the waiting ..is ..waiting >> 3 mmonth...4 month...
6 month...... I am not sure If he can help to make it faster !!

GOOD LUCK :)

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
we hired a lawyer and we wish we hadn't. he really slowed us down when we were putting together our application and in the end i did most of it myself. plus we spent loads of money on him! i wouldn't recommend using a lawyer because you can really do all this yourself. however, if you feel like you are not capable (ie. language barrier) then by all means, use a lawyer.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Nola:

There are immigration consultants who -- for about $350 -- will check your forms and make suggestions for improvement. Then you can hire him/her for the duration, or submit your application to CIC Mississauga on your own.

As far as I can tell, there's not much anyone -- immigration consultant included -- can do once the application has been submitted.

Rjessome is a new immigration consultant, and seems an honest, caring person. Ask her; she's in this forum a lot, and replied to you above.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
lawyers costs are different, for just a single consultation they can charge $150, for the complete process up to $5000 and it doesn't guarantee that your application will be approved.