+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hellllllp!!

TeddyH

Aug 18, 2010
hi their im a fully qualified plasterer from u.k. Looking to work and live in canada! where would be the best area for best lifestyle and closest to the main areas of construction. my fiance' is a fully qualified nusery nurse who also wished to move to canada. what kind of salary do nusery nurses and plasterers earn in canada. any info is welcome as we are in the very early stages of this. Thanks Jamie.

immiggal

Aug 28, 2010
Hi -

Hi -

I see your post is older and you haven't had any responses.

I'll give it a try. I lived in the U.K. a few years myself. Where you live is so entirely up to your own choices. Canada is SOOOO large and varied. The climate you have in the U.K would be similar to the climate you would see in Southern Ontario (eg. Toronto and area) or southern B.C. (Vancouver, Victoria & area). You might get an unpleasant shock if you moved to Edmonton to - 40 degree winter temperatures -- but then again you might not mind it at all. So difficult to say. Most of the major areas have demand for construction related trades. I'm not sure what a "nursery nurse" is ... There is demand for childcare workers (who care for children while parents work). There is also demand for any type of medical nurse (who work in hospitals etc).

You should probably investigate about the salaries on the internet. I am not allowed to post links here. In the southern Ontario area for a plasterer it is say $15.00 - $35.00 per hour. As for nursery nurses, it depends on exactly what that means....

Best of luck!

immiggal