+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Health insurance for people with visitor record

Abhishek1991

Sep 7, 2020
I would like to know if I can get a health / dental insurance with a visitor record. My OHIP health card and university health insurance (group benefits) is expiring soon as my contract is in ending stage(I have closed work permit).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I would like to know if I can get a health / dental insurance with a visitor record. My OHIP health card and university health insurance (group benefits) is expiring soon as my contract is in ending stage(I have closed work permit).
You would need to find private health/dental insurance. Try Manulife. Most will be just for emergencies.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You may be able to get emergency coverage. Anything related to your extended benefit plan will cost you a lot and will cover/reimburse very little which is why most pay out of pocket. Only exception is if a typically large employer provides comprehensive health insurance for an employee before they qualify for provincial healthcare again.