+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HCCP - First employer withdrew the employment offer

Wenwa

Star Member
May 17, 2017
HCCP - First employer backed out due to IRCC delays and their plans changed.
I requested an extension 90 days.
IRCC replied back and gave only 30 days. Its ending Dec 20th tomorrow - no success with finding a replacement employer.
What should I do?
Anyone with ideas?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HCCP - First employer backed out due to IRCC delays and their plans changed.
I requested an extension 90 days.
IRCC replied back and gave only 30 days. Its ending Dec 20th tomorrow - no success with finding a replacement employer.
What should I do?
Anyone with ideas?
When did you employer back out - only 30 days ago? Contact and ask for an additional 30 days. In the meantime, try and find an employer ASAP. If not, your application will be cancelled since job offer is mandatory.

Wenwa

Star Member
May 17, 2017
When did you employer back out - only 30 days ago? Contact and ask for an additional 30 days. In the meantime, try and find an employer ASAP. If not, your application will be cancelled since job offer is mandatory.
Naturgrl

Wenwa

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hi Naturgrl. Thanks very much for your help.

This is the exact timeline:

On October 10th 2023 We received IRCC request to go for medicals and to provide an updated Offer of Employment. The 30 day deadline to respond was Nov 10 2023.

We responded back on the deadline day Nov 10 2023, reported the employer withdrawal and asked for extension of 90 days to find a replacement.

IRCC replied back on Nov 20, 2023 and offered 30 days extension deadline, which is today Dec 20, 2023 to find employer replacement.

Fiest: Do we still have any chance for any more for extension? The portal is still open until end of today 20th, but do you think we can still ask for any more extension?
If so how many days?

Second: Also plsease how should we word the letter as reason to ask for more extension?

ReplyForward

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl. Thanks very much for your help.

This is the exact timeline:

On October 10th 2023 We received IRCC request to go for medicals and to provide an updated Offer of Employment. The 30 day deadline to respond was Nov 10 2023.

We responded back on the deadline day Nov 10 2023, reported the employer withdrawal and asked for extension of 90 days to find a replacement.

IRCC replied back on Nov 20, 2023 and offered 30 days extension deadline, which is today Dec 20, 2023 to find employer replacement.

Fiest: Do we still have any chance for any more for extension? The portal is still open until end of today 20th, but do you think we can still ask for any more extension?
If so how many days?

Second: Also plsease how should we word the letter as reason to ask for more extension?

ReplyForward
IRCC decides on the extension time. All you can do is ask for an extension but IRCC has given you an extension already. Explain why you need a further extension.