+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having trouble taking photo at walmart and walgreens in USA

Zainee

May 25, 2009
Hi everyone,
My husband went to get photos done as specified in Appendix B. We went to walmart and then Walgreens,but both places told us they can't do it in that size. What do we do? Any suggestion

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there,
I guess they didn't do it because they can't come up with the right sizes.
When I was in the USA, we went to a specific studio for immigration, don't recall the name, but I was in Michigan. But watch out, they are sooo expensive. 6 pics costed 70$...in that amount in my country (Lebanon) I can take pics for all the Lebanese who want to immigrate to Canada. Do google search for the state where you are, and I am sure you will find your answer.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Yeah I would go to yellowpages and get a few studios on the phone and ask them if they can do that size and go from there whoever's cheapest.. Than they can manipulate the size to be specific to what you are asked for in the appendix.

Zainee

May 25, 2009
Boncuk said:
Yeah I would go to yellowpages and get a few studios on the phone and ask them if they can do that size and go from there whoever's cheapest.. Than they can manipulate the size to be specific to what you are asked for in the appendix.
Can we make 4 copies from the studio and then scan the photo and print more copies from Walmart (for medial and stuff) ? Just to save money

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
wonder if you could ask for the digital copy or negative.. ? than you could get as many as you want I guess in Walmart..

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I guess Boncuk will have more info about that, but I guess they require specific kind of paper, I guess if you were able to print the other on the same kind of paper, It won't be a problem, but make some research first to be sure. don't count on my info

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Well as long as its the same quality photo paper I don't see how they could tell.. Here in Egypt that was what we did.. They don't seem to mind :))

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Boncuk, a question out of this subject..out of immigration issue as well
did they discover any H1N1 case in egypte? today they were able to detect 3 case in beirut airport..2 coming from canada , mom and her child, and the other coming from brazil I guess...they are getting better thank God, and thank God they were able to know about them...I was shocked that we have a ultra red detecter in the airport...:)))

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Zainee , I always give the advice of making research before doing anything, because me and my husband payed a lot of money , because we didn't do research, in the case of the pics, we went to a specific studio for immigration, so we paid 70$, later on , our friend told us that we were able to do them at least cheaper by 30$ in other place...so make research..

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Well actually no.. they wanted an excuse to slaughter all the pigs lol.. they jumped all over that one.. but no H1N1 I guess no travellers from Mexico.. or around there that had it!
rorita_76 said:
Boncuk, a question out of this subject..out of immigration issue as well
did they discover any H1N1 case in egypte? today they were able to detect 3 case in beirut airport..2 coming from canada , mom and her child, and the other coming from brazil I guess...they are getting better thank God, and thank God they were able to know about them...I was shocked that we have a ultra red detecter in the airport...:)))

Zainee

May 25, 2009
Boncuk said:
Well as long as its the same quality photo paper I don't see how they could tell.. Here in Egypt that was what we did.. They don't seem to mind :))
We just failed again in one of the local photo studio as they tried to take but could not do the size specified. I am so frustrated now. Anyways, my husband is thiniking about taking photo with our digital camera at home and then editing it using photoshop software to the size needed. Then going to Walmart and printing it out. Is that allowed, I mean taking your own pic and printing it out in Walmart, OR a official photo person needs to take it. :(

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
I personally wouldn't do that.. But what I don't understand is can't they resize the photo to the specifications with a digital camera? What's the big deal? Man I can understand your frustration.. We can get it done here in Egypt and its a third world country!

Zainee

May 25, 2009
Boncuk said:
I personally wouldn't do that.. But what I don't understand is can't they resize the photo to the specifications with a digital camera? What's the big deal? Man I can understand your frustration.. We can get it done here in Egypt and its a third world country!
I think so too, better not to do that. We will see if we can find someone else. Just keep looking :(