+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Having a previous case

ARDLE2016

Jun 15, 2018
I had a previous case from 2008 where we tried to have a civil marriage in Thailand (we were both foreigners to Thailand) and have the license declared in law in Iran and Canada. However the Thai official for reason wrote in our license the we had lived together for one year (maybe a language barrier or just plain error). Adding to this my intended decided not to declare our license in Law in Iran in hopes to take away my financial rights (I was unaware of all of the issues, license issue and intended issue). After an interview with my intended naturally our case was refused as "Not Genuine" so when I went to our lawyer about this issue to see how it could be appealed it came out that my intended did not want to make the union legally binding. My lawyer told me that the Thai license was not good as it was not declared in law in Iran or Canada and it was not legalized in Thailand for use by foreigners in a Thai court (so no divorce was possible). I broke ties with my intended in 2010 and did not appeal the refusal. In 2015 I met someone special and managed with much difficulty to get my Iranian passport and go back to Iran and we married legally. I applied to sponsor my legal husband and Immigration refused my case based on eligibility. So I went in search of proof of the issues wit my last case, I discovered the error in the license as well obtained a legal opinion from several Thai lawyers about the license all of which stated that the Thai license was no good. I reapplied my case and my legal husband went to an interview in Jan 2018, where he got nervous and answered questions in mish mash order. We got refused as our marriage not being genuine because he is 9yrs younger than I am, we had a small ceremony and strangely enough that I am not a virgin. I have appealed, my appeal has been approved. Although I am not sure if it is a formal hearing or an ADR, I called IAD they said I will get a hearing date in 10 months (which sounds like an ADR). My question is "can they use my old case against me again even if the visa processing officer never even mentioned it in her refusal letter? or will this hearing only deal with current reason for refusal?"