+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

having a child query

Richy888

May 17, 2016
Hi,

My wife and I want to move to Toronto. We have a score of 465. we are both 31 years and would like to have a child as soon as possible.

What are our options?

We were thinking of hopefully getting pregnant in dec and then giving birth in Aug 2017. And then hopefully the draw points drop around April and then we can accept and then updating the application with our childs documents once the child is born.

Please advise?

thanks,
Richard

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
You expect a drop in the score in April, but we never really know how CIC works, it's hard to predict future score for the draw.
If your wife get pregnant during the process (it also depends if you get the PR before the child's birth), you'll be able to update your application.
Now, if you don't want your child to be born in your country of origin, you should wait to obtain the PR, move to Canada and then have the baby.
So it's really up to both of you.
Good luck ! :)

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
@Richy888 - also do remember that while your wife is pregnant she won't be able to undergo medicals - specifically XRAY.

Not to sound cynical but you are working against time - viz a viz increasing age = decreasing points.

Looks like you have a good score right now.
If scores do fall September onwards, I would urge you to go ahead and apply, have the baby in Canada.
Ofcourse, delaying pregnancy could have its own complications!

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
I'd say go ahead and have a baby ASAP (you never know how long it is going to take). You aren't getting any younger and chances are the scores might not drop that soon at all. Don't postpone your life for something that is not even certain to happen. As mentioned before, you won't be able to have the medicals done in pregnancy anyway.