+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have few questions for someone experienced

mapleleaf0

Dec 26, 2013
Hi to everyone,

I have few questions ill make them short:

I' m about to renew my pr card. I have around 740 days, i have been back and forth to my home country which i was taking care of my sick grandfather which he sadly passed away last month. I already have a returning ticket for next month which i have to take care of the funeral bills, the house he lived there and return to canada where my family is living. I have a doctors document translated of his sickness and also a document of his death, should i include this in my application explaining why i went back and forth, so everything goes smooth, i also have everything tax for 5 years, password stamps of enty, air tickets, phone bills, dentist bills. Do you think i will have any problems with the urgent processing?

Thank you

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
If you have an employment in Canada, you can attach T4 Slips along with your application, that may help you to prove your residency requirements. Or any educational institution, schools etc that you attended, you can attach a letter of attendance. These things weigh more than any other proof of residence you may have gathered. Hope that helps. Best of luck.

-Sammy

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapleleaf0 said:
Hi to everyone,

I have few questions ill make them short:

I' m about to renew my pr card. I have around 740 days, i have been back and forth to my home country which i was taking care of my sick grandfather which he sadly passed away last month. I already have a returning ticket for next month which i have to take care of the funeral bills, the house he lived there and return to canada where my family is living. I have a doctors document translated of his sickness and also a document of his death, should i include this in my application explaining why i went back and forth, so everything goes smooth, i also have everything tax for 5 years, password stamps of enty, air tickets, phone bills, dentist bills. Do you think i will have any problems with the urgent processing?

Thank you
If the 740 days are provable then you are ok but if its not clear cut all CIC has to do is doubt 11 days and you are in Local Office referral/ RQ territory. Do you work in the same country that your grandfather lived in?

mapleleaf0

Dec 26, 2013
No, I have my construction company in Canada, and ive been only working here, i pay taxes each year. Haven't worked anywhere else.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
mapleleaf0 said:
No, I have my construction company in Canada, and ive been only working here, i pay taxes each year. Haven't worked anywhere else.
Means you were self employed?

mapleleaf0

Dec 26, 2013
Yes, but i have my own house in Canada, my whole family is living with me, i have doctors, dentist records, phone bills, bank statements... Basically everything?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go ahead and apply including the documentation you state...tax info is requested in the form so provide that too. It may be enough to get the PR card through.

mapleleaf0

Dec 26, 2013
Should i include doctors, dentist docs too right away even though they dont ask in the application, or send whatever they need and wait for them to ask?