+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have applied for PR-need Open or Temporary work permit-please suggest!

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
Hello All,
My sad story is;
I have applied for PR from inside Canada on spousal sponsorship basis.it is almost a year now, and my application has been transfered to local CIC Calgary office for further processing.I check almost daily online and it sounds that file is with local office since March 2009.
while few weeks before,when I phoned(toll free number)I have been told that my file has been transferred to Mississisagua office BY MISTAKE and will take a month to arrive back to Calgary.They could not realise their mistake since 7 months.
Guys!I dont think it will be processed very soon now,so I gave up HOPE!.let it takes its own fate. BUT what I am upto is----atleast I should apply for WP

I want to apply for WORK PERMIT from Seatle or Buffallo(while waiting for my application for PR from inside Canada)
should I need a job offer to submit it with my application------------if I apply for
1. Temporary work permit?
2. Open work permit?
I know LMO is not needed for teaching positions.
thanks and waiting for your wise and kind response.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you applied inland, your application should have been processed in Vegreville and forwarded from there to your local CIC office for further processing. If you were granted first stage approval by Vegreville, they should have sent you a letter stating that and in that case, you could apply for an open work permit. If you were sent to local office without first stage approval, you don't qualify for an open work permit right now.

If you do qualify for an open work permit, you do not need a job offer.

If you want to get a temporary work permit for a job where you don't need an LMO, you do need a job offer.