+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone gone just to land and register PR card?

S4

Jul 20, 2010
Hello,
My question is has anyone gone to Canada just to do a landing with the intention of settling there later.
We cannot move there right away as our jobs and schools etc hold us back , but would like to do an entry .
What are the conditions for that?
Thanks for any info.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S4 said:
Hello,
My question is has anyone gone to Canada just to do a landing with the intention of settling there later.
We cannot move there right away as our jobs and schools etc hold us back , but would like to do an entry .
Thanks for any info.
Several people are doing like that. Some people leave Canada before getting the PR Card, entrusting their relatives or frieds to send the PR Card to them once received in their mail box. Some other people stay for a month or more and travel back with their card. You can choose which option is convenient for you.

S4

Jul 20, 2010
So , I can just go there for 3-4 days from the USA, apply for my card and ask my relative to send it to me?

Do they ask any awkward ques regarding this on entry and on departure.

Do you know if we can live and work in the USA with the canada PR ?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S4 said:
So , I can just go there for 3-4 days from the USA, apply for my card and ask my relative to send it to me?

Do they ask any awkward ques regarding this on entry and on departure.

Do you know if we can live and work in the USA with the canada PR ?
You don't have to tell the officer at the POE that you are returning immediately to US to work there. That is up to you only what you are going to do after landing. But in order to maintain your PR status in Canada you have to stay 2 years period within the next 5 (five) years from landing. Not necessary for a continuous stay. So, how you can manage this problem is at your own discretion.

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
S4 said:
Hello,
Thanks for any info.
Many do that, I am doing the same. There is no specific condition. You finish with formalities and can return back. Some body can post you the PR card from the address you have given at time of landing.

Regards

S4

Jul 20, 2010
Thanks, so every day can be clocked towards the 2 years in the 5 year period?
1 week here, 3 days, long weekend etc etc?
:D