+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone booked actual flight tickets for visa application?

maplemasala

Nov 23, 2023
Hi friends! My parents are planning to visit Canada soon once they get a tourist visa. I know that they ask "confirmed flight reservation" for the application. Has anyone had success without a fully paid flight reservation?

I was planning to get a fully-refundable ticket. But is there any other way to do this? I saw in this forum and few sites that you can use certain "temporary" tickets for this. Is this true? Have you personally had success without booking an actual ticket?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi friends! My parents are planning to visit Canada soon once they get a tourist visa. I know that they ask "confirmed flight reservation" for the application. Has anyone had success without a fully paid flight reservation?

I was planning to get a fully-refundable ticket. But is there any other way to do this? I saw in this forum and few sites that you can use certain "temporary" tickets for this. Is this true? Have you personally had success without booking an actual ticket?
There is no need to buy a ticket. This is not recommended. Many people are successful without buying an actual ticket. Show an itinerary / planned flight instead.

maplemasala

Nov 23, 2023
There is no need to buy a ticket. This is not recommended. Many people are successful without buying an actual ticket. Show an itinerary / planned flight instead.
Thank you for this information! :) By "planned flight", do you mean just a paper saying I'm planning to book a particular flight, the date and it's cost? Or is it one of those "dummy flight tickets" from sites like https://dummyticket247.com?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for this information! :) By "planned flight", do you mean just a paper saying I'm planning to book a particular flight, the date and it's cost? Or is it one of those "dummy flight tickets" from sites like https://dummyticket247.com?
You can also use Google flight and get a snapshot from the webpage after you input your origin, destination and travel dates.

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023

I was planning to get a fully-refundable ticket contact air france. But is there any other way to do this? I saw in this forum and few sites that you can use certain "temporary" tickets for this. Is this true? Have you personally had success without booking an actual ticket?
Hi! Yes, some people indeed use "temporary" or "provisional" flight reservations for visa applications. These are not fully paid tickets but can be a valid option for showing your parents' travel plans. Many travel agencies offer a service to provide a flight reservation for visa purposes, which is often refundable or can be canceled. I’d recommend checking with the specific visa requirements or contacting a travel agency that provides these types of reservations. It’s important to ensure that the temporary reservation meets the visa application criteria. If you decide to use a fully-refundable ticket, just make sure it aligns with the visa requirements.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
What I've normally done for this is go to an airline's website, search flight options, pick flights roundtrip, and click next until I get to the payment section. They usually show the itinerary and the cost. I print that page and that's what I submit for the "itinerary" portion of the visitor visa application.